Metroplex
Sponsored by

Brett Shipp(D) running for congress

1,780 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ftworthag02
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2017/12/06/longtime-wfaa-reporter-brett-shipp-steps-run-congress

Running for Pete Session's seat in the House (the 32nd District), does he have a chance? Looking at a map it seems like the district could have been gerrymandered for the GOP five years ago but the demographics in that area have been changing in recent years.

Pretty sure that Lupe Valdez is going to loose and ruin her political career like Wendy Davis did a few years ago, but curious how this will go.

powerbelly
AG
Lupe is running to help get Hispanics out for lower ballot races. The dems know they have zero shot at governor.

I don't think Shipp has a shot. He has spent too many years pissing off Dallas Democrats to have any real support from the party.
aggielostinETX
AG
Shipp won't have a shot. He has pissed off lots of people.
culdeus
AG
His district went Clinton. It's not out of the realm.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Would love to have a congressman that lived in the district. Winter Park, FL is a long way from the Metro Plex.

walton91
Its not like he's on tv every night. Someone like Dale Hansen would definitely get a boost from name recognition, but Shipp? I think the experience of his job for the past 20 years will do more to help him than just his name. The investigative reporter is a unique animal, part public defender, part tough guy, part showman. I'd bet he does well in a campaign and in any debates. I think he has a shot to at least get past the primary
TriAg2010
AG
culdeus said:

His district went Clinton. It's not out of the realm.

I know scores of lifelong GOP who couldn't pull the lever for Trump. I think it's a big leap to say that will translate into a D pickup in a 2018 house race.
ftworthag02
AG
I'd vote for him!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.