Metroplex
Sponsored by

Looking for housing for Aggie family with daughter at Children's Hospital

916 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Twice an Aggie
WanderlustAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Update...temporary housing found for these next two weeks. Now just need long-term housing in the Dallas area.
Just got a call from a friend who knows this couple. They are Ags with five kiddos. They serve overseas and had to come home due to complications with her pregnancy. The baby was born seven months ago and the family just found out she needs to head to Dallas Children's Hospital with the hope she can be put on a multiple-organ transplant list. The mom and baby are going to Dallas Monday. This is all happening very quickly and they are looking for housing.

I told my Longhorn friend I'd put this out on the Aggie network and see if anyone is aware of a missionary house in the Dallas area or of a house with reduced rent available. There are four other siblings and the dad who will join the mom and baby in Dallas later this month. If the baby is eligible for transplants, they could be in Dallas for a year. Housing could be multiple options if one house is open for the short term and other options open up. For now, the immediate need is a place for the family this month.

Sending this with prayers that the Aggie network can come through for this young family.
Turdfergeson
I wish I had a bigger place.
Have they checked out the Ronald McDonald House? Its located near the Hospital district and is for this sort of thing though probably not ideal.
https://rmhdallas.org

Please post updates and I will keep my ears open for other possibilities.
Twice an Aggie
AG
How close to Dallas proper do they need to live?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.