Metroplex
Sponsored by

Frontier Internet

966 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Carlo4
Pepper Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has frontier gotten better since the merger? I had them for a few weeks around then and it sucked. We want to cut the cord and frontier seems to have the best speed/price combo...

Thoughts?

TIA
Jimbos Plaque
AG
I had verizon fios before they sold out to frontier, and they are ass, my dude. My bill went from $80/month to almost $300.

I cut everything but internet out, and got the "slow speed", have no problems with playing nflx, online gaming with no lag, and using wireless to play my xbox.
Old Buffalo
AG
Frontier sucks. Avoid at all cost!
Post removed:
by user
permabull
AG
John Francis Donaghy
Frontier has massive billing issues. I was overbilled by more than $800 in the 2 months I had Frontier service for a basic residential cable tv and mid range internet package. Ended up having to escalate all the way to senior management in order to get referred to their "Executive Service" department (seriously, it's a real thing) before I could get an obvious error fixed. Took multiple hours on the phone multiple times a week for a month and a half before I gave up on their normal customer service avenues. Then when I canceled they tried to tell me I was locked into a contract and tried to charge me an early cancellation fee, never-mind all their advertisements and materials that say "NO CONTRACTS!" all over them as one of their major selling points.

I fought all the bull****, and won. But it wasn't worth it. Just avoid them. I gladly went back to paying more for Spectrum, then got AT&T fiber once it became available to me, which is better than Frontier anyway.
FightinTAC08
AG
I had Verizon for two years before selling to frontier. I had frontier cable/phone/internet for a full year after the sale without any service issues, but i lost all my Verizon pricing. Since then, i have kept just the internet at 50/50mbps for 49.99 and have no problems with it. Internet is always on and always steady. The cable is not worth the cost.

However, if i ever run into problems i am going to cut and switch to TWC, because i have zero tolerance for their stupidity from the handful of times i have talked to them.

TexAgsAnon
TexAgAviator said:

I had verizon fios before they sold out to frontier, and they are ass, my dude. My bill went from $80/month to almost $300.

I cut everything but internet out, and got the "slow speed", have no problems with playing nflx, online gaming with no lag, and using wireless to play my xbox.
I called Frontier shortly after the transition and told them I wanted new customer pricing with no contract. 75/75 fiber internet for $60 a month forever.
Ag CPA
AG
I did the same and was told to go F myself so now I'm with Charter. Will probably end up jumping back and forth between the two every other year when the new customer pricing expires; from what I hear, Charter doesn't negotiate with the terrorists either when it comes to cutting deals.
Carlo4
AG
I paid $43 a month for 6 months for 50/50 high speed internet. Now it's $57.

Been wonderful. Cannot complain
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.