Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Prosecutor fired after fight with Uber driver

2,312 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by realestateguru
big ben
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And an Ag to boot:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/assistant-district-attorney-texas-fired-argument-uber-driver-143904556--abc-news-topstories.html
culdeus
AG
Caught this press conference on TV. My favorite was how she started with being super apologetic then ended up just making excuses.

I'm pretty shocked the DA office saw fit to fire her, it wasn't like she got charged with anything. And they didn't waste any time either. Slapping an Uber driver on Friday and ****-canned by Tuesday.

I don't get how this got recorded? Why in the world would she release the tape, on the tape she says "you are being recorded" so I don't get it. How did the tape get out?

When did she graduate btw?
aggielostinETX
AG
They both recorded it and he called 911.

See the thread on politics and 1310 thread.
drewser95
AG
big ben said:

And an Ag to boot
I'm going to tell myself she learned that behavior while at law school at Tech.

I have avoided watching the press conference video because I know it's going to make me mad(der). It's a good thing that guy was recording -- he's exactly right that otherwise it would have just been her word against his (and that more people were going to believe an assistant DA's account than his).
culdeus
AG
One additional detail I liked was how she chose to not shovel on the makeup that morning.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd give her all the ride she can handle.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If she was just drunk, obnoxious, and verbally abusive, she likely still has a job. But getting caught on tape threatening to use the power of the DA's office sealed her fate. The DA's office is entrusted with a great deal of power by the community and can't have an employee throwing that kind of threat around.
Thomas Little
AG
At least she was smart enough to use Uber instead of drunk driving. In Austin you can drive completely trashed, get arrested and have to be physically restrained, and still keep your job as the District Attorney.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I saw here apology to reporters last night. Have to admit it was kind of sad to see a hand with an Aggie ring on it wipe tears from her eyes. But she'll have a nice soft landing in a defense attorney's firm.
Ag CPA
AG
Duncan Idaho
Done worse
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pretty solid. I think she's got a Humpty Dumpty body, but have done worse as well.

This shot is a classic "wassup Tinder?" angle.

ftworthag02
AG
SHe has a booty
Btron
AG
Ag CPA said:

Look at that Aggie gold
proc
AG
The DA was right to fire her. Once your government employee shows a lack of integrity that the citizens see, the office loses public trust.

Arguably that was a criminal offense of public oppression that should go to a grand jury.
powerbelly
AG
proc said:

The DA was right to fire her. Once your government employee shows a lack of integrity that the citizens see, the office loses public trust.

Arguably that was a criminal offense of public oppression that should go to a grand jury.
realestateguru
AG
proc said:

You mean just like the Dallas mayor and city council?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.