Metroplex
Sponsored by

Physical therapist for back pain near Uptown

1,802 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 713nervy
713nervy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In need of a physical therapist or something that will help me work through lower back pain. My general practitioner told me to "google some lower back stretching exercises and do those." Needless to say I will also be seeking a new GP but that's not the goal today.

Doesn't have to be a physical therapist, but looking for relief that doesn't require 3 visits/week for 3 weeks or some crazy money grab. Thanks!
TSUAggie
Try out Airossti. I was reluctant to use them at first, but had a friend of a friend who got me in. I have had lower back pain all of my life and just accepted the fact it was something I would have to live with. I was wrong. She pin pointed where the problem was and after a couple of visits, I've been pain free for going on 4 months now. However, the visits can be some of the worst pain you've ever felt. It's crazy, but it worked.
BAT2007
AG
I was just coming here to recommend Airossti as well! My pain was a lower lumbar sprain that would keep flaring up after my workouts. After only 2 Airossti visits, the pain is finally gone.

Airrosti

As TSUAggie said, it's sometimes a painful treatment, but that's because they are working in the soft tissue and actually working through the issue instead of just treating the symptoms.

For me, on my first visit, I had my hip flexors "stretched out", if you will. I sit at a desk all day so my hip flexors are naturally in a shortened position for most of the day. The Airrosti therapist warned me it was one of their top 5 treatments when it comes to level of discomfort, and he wasn't kidding. That being said, it was only a few minutes of him pushing in to the tissue to stretch it out and I felt immediate improvement.
They also work with you on stretches, foam rolling/lacrosse ball rolling and give you a treatment plan to continue at home.
agpt12
AG
Marcos Lopez at 3DPT
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Not trying to be an ass but did you google some lower back stretches and do those for any period of time? I had a similar issue, my GP gave me similar advice, but pointed me to types of stretches and said if that didn't fix it she'd send me to Airrosti. Lucky for me the stretched worked so I never went. I worked through at 15-20 stretching routine for 2-3 weeks
713nervy
AG
I was fearful that my back was going to go out any moment. It was beyond the googling of lower back stretches, otherwise I probably would not have been alarmed at the advice. I was having trouble getting dressed every morning.

The chiropractor I went to did 6 sessions in two weeks and it was a rollercoaster of relief to pain. Haven't seen him in a few and my back pain is resolved for now but if it comes back then I'm going to Airrosti. That's what I have heard really works!
Mr Global Warming
Yep. Dr Santos, airrosti.
Texas Ag Mom
Does Airrosti require you to be referred to them by another doctor?
Tobias Funke
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

Does Airrosti require you to be referred to them by another doctor?

Nope
CaveDwellinAg
AG
agpt12 said:

Marcos Lopez at 3DPT

Seconded. These guys know what's up.
Squirrel Master
AG
Sounds like you've got a plan, but I'll also through a plug for Airrosti. Wife went there for some hip issues and she's been really impressed with what they helped her with.
tamu2009
AG
Third Marcos at 3D. I'm seeing him pre shoulder surgery on the recommendation of a guy I know that is going through the same program Marcos did. Have loved him since day 1. Everyone there is very nice and their facility is very clean.
713nervy
AG
Sounds like a few consistent, solid suggestions here. Appreciate you all!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.