Metroplex
Sponsored by

vintage german camera repair

1,048 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nai06
marqueebrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an old Zeiss Ikon 512/16 camera my dad got while stationed in Germany during the Berlin Air Lift. I want to take it to a please that knows there cameras and can do a good job getting it back into good condition. Any recommendations? Thanks, Brad
713nervy
AG
No personal experience but I hear over and over about Competitive Cameras in Dallas. The one interaction I had was selling them an older DSLR and the guy was really up front with me, which I appreciated. They were recommended to me during an Intro to DSLR class.
dcbowers
AG
I really like and respect Competitive Camera a lot. Ask for Eugene. I've never taken equipment that I didn't purchase there for repair and don't know if they even do repairs, but I bet they can point you in the right direction.

Note that they are super knowledgeable and honest. It can sometimes come across as abrasive, but it's never personal (basically, it is the anti-Best Buy).

Let us know how it goes.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nai06
AG
First ask yourself what you want to do with it. Look nice or actually take pictures? If it's just going to be a display piece you could clean it up yourself.

As far as working condition, that a bit tricky. What's wrong with the camera right now?
phoenix491
AG
I've used Archinal Camera Repair in Richardson (75 and Main/Belt Line), but it's been several years ... That place has been there forever, and did a good job for me.
marqueebrad
AG
I've searched and called, no one in D/FW will touch it. the best I can find is zeisscamera.com, who sounds like they really know what they are doing but they have a waiting list of 4 YEARS! I've put my name in with them anyway and will keep looking but so far no luck...
nai06
AG
What's actually wrong with it? Are the bellows bad? Lens fogged? Shutter stuck? Have you run a couple of rolls through it yet?

Depending on what it is, I might be able to help you get it fixed up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.