Metroplex
Sponsored by

Calvert & Reisel

1,909 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
AggieHank86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am guessing LOTS of Ags make the run down Tx6.

WHY do people still speed through Reisel and Calvert? I saw one Aggie sticker pulled-over in each town this afternoon. Insanity.
HarleySpoon
AG
Yep.....saw the same last night on the way home. On the northbound side of Calvert they leave it at 55 forever as you exit town.....then people see the 70MPH off in the distance and go to 70 a few hundred yards before the actual sign.....that's when they get many of them......with the increase well in sight but before they reach the actual start of the speed limit. That's their racket in Wortham as well......officer actually apologized to me in Wortham but said they couldn't get tickets otherwise with all the higher speed limits. So......don't accelerate until you reach the signs.
hatchback
AG
There's one town on 14 that doesn't have the "REDUCED SPEED AHEAD" sign as you're heading northbound into town. Speed limit drops from 70 to 45 or 55 with no warning. Nearly gets me every time.
Yesterday
AG
Made that drive this morning. I do 5mph over in those small towns and then 85 the rest of the way. On a similar note, has the terrible epidemic of driving slow in the left lane grown worse? It's as if people choose to just stay in the left lane even when there is no one in the right lane. Drives me nuts!
'03ag
Gets worse every day.
Canyon99
03ki11erAG said:

Made that drive this morning. I do 5mph over in those small towns and then 85 the rest of the way. On a similar note, has the terrible epidemic of driving slow in the left lane grown worse? It's as if people choose to just stay in the left lane even when there is no one in the right lane. Drives me nuts!

One thing the state of Oklahoma got right is that they are adamant that slow traffic stay in the right lane. Signs everywhere and it you rarely see someone cruising in the left lane.
gigem70
AG
When you're driving 85 most of the traffic in the left lane seems to be going slow.
Yesterday
AG
gigem70 said:

When you're driving 85 most of the traffic in the left lane seems to be going slow.

I'm fine with slower traffic in the left lane as long as you're passing. I'm not fine with a person doing 75 (which is the speed limit)in the passing lane and not passing anyone.
Quinn
AG
This used to drive me crazy when I would drive up and down 6 back in college and 6 was 2 lanes all the way. I would pass people the whole way down 6, then we would get in these little towns and they would speed thru them and pass me while i went the speed limit. I would then start passing the same damn cars once back out on the road. Now it doesn't really bother me since 6 is 4 lanes all the way.
The Collective
AG
I'd like to think 4 lanes on 6 has killed Calvert and Riesel's traffic fine collections game, but idiots still speed through those places. It used to really suck going through Calvert and taking a gamble to pass people, so you weren't stuck behind them when it went back to a 2 lane road.

Another place to watch out for is Marlin. Keep it under 80 going through that section of 6.
PrincessButtercup
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'd like to think 4 lanes on 6 has killed Calvert and Riesel's traffic fine collections game, but idiots still speed through those places. It used to really suck going through Calvert and taking a gamble to pass people, so you weren't stuck behind them when it went back to a 2 lane road.

Another place to watch out for is Marlin. Keep it under 80 going through that section of 6.

I have been pulled over once. And it was in Marlin, and the trooper was a dick. Got to my window and said "don't even try crying- won't work." Okkk....wasn't planning on it. Got a ticket for 73 in a 70.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.