Metroplex
Sponsored by

Robert E Lee Park

6,179 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dave94
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

He's an @sshole. Just got through reading a rant of his on FB about Woodrow Wilson desperately in need of parking and they are wanting to convert a tiny sliver of land into 22 spaces for teachers. Voted and approved on and then backoffice b.s. happens by him and now it's halted because he "drove by the school 3 times last week and parking is not an issue" so the school and parents are lying.
The problem is that "tiny sliver of land" is in a public park. I don't know very much about this situation, but as a city councilman, he's doing his job. This is a DISD problem, and he's asking them to use their own land at WW to solve it. I get that the guy can be a jerk and rubs people the wrong way, but DISD needs to make it clear why they can't use their own land for this parking issue instead of paving over a portion of a city park.
aggielostinETX
AG
Kingston makes Trump look like a social media genius
double aught
AG
I don't know anything about this situation. But that's a pretty strong rebuttal.
powerbelly
AG
walton91 said:

YouBet said:

He's an @sshole. Just got through reading a rant of his on FB about Woodrow Wilson desperately in need of parking and they are wanting to convert a tiny sliver of land into 22 spaces for teachers. Voted and approved on and then backoffice b.s. happens by him and now it's halted because he "drove by the school 3 times last week and parking is not an issue" so the school and parents are lying.
The problem is that "tiny sliver of land" is in a public park. I don't know very much about this situation, but as a city councilman, he's doing his job. This is a DISD problem, and he's asking them to use their own land at WW to solve it. I get that the guy can be a jerk and rubs people the wrong way, but DISD needs to make it clear why they can't use their own land for this parking issue instead of paving over a portion of a city park.
The real problem is that Kingston is such an ******* that he can't just explain the reasons (much like you did) and instead takes the most abrasive approach possible.
DadAG10
powerbelly51 said:

walton91 said:

YouBet said:

He's an @sshole.

The real problem is that Kingston is such an ******* that he can't just explain the reasons (much like you did) and instead takes the most abrasive approach possible.
That's a prerequisite to run for any office.
aggielostinETX
AG
I notice the whole city council is ignoring this

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/before-we-bury-dallas-county-school-district-lets-dig-deeper-on-the-bribery-allegations-10090528
walton91
Dallas County Schools is not part of Dallas municipal government. What do you want the City Council to do? The article says DCS is being investigated by the FBI and Texas Rangers. If Mr Navarez is guilty, action by the City Council is not going to be his biggest concern.
aggielostinETX
AG
Well considering Kingston mocked the abolition of DCS and his Dallas Democrat buddies are the one who were taking bribes and DISD is now having to clean up the mess, I expect him to ignore it 100%.
YouBet
AG
Haven't seen anything new on Kingston's minor scandal of taking money while using city resources....

I do still agree with him wholeheartedly on two issues: (1) Trinity Park Tollway - con (2) Doing something different with the fair grounds.

Other than that he's intolerable.
aggielostinETX
AG
Kingston looks pretty dumb now...

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/07/dallas-park-board-mows-disd-parking-lot-park-fight-moves-playground

and petty.

YouBet
AG
Deats said:

Kingston looks pretty dumb now...

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/07/dallas-park-board-mows-disd-parking-lot-park-fight-moves-playground

and petty.

He's doubling down on FB on this. And now he's throwing Robert Wilonsky under the bus. Two of the politicians weighed in on his post with reasonable replies and Kingston's reply back to one of them is, "Bullsh^t."
aggielostinETX
AG
His wife put him up to it and he can't back her down.
walton91

Robert C. Christian
AG
walton91 said:

Anyone listen in? TC and Kingston are buddy buddy so it would surprise me if there were any hard questions.
752bro4
AG
I invited myself to get my sports talk elsewhere at that time.
dave94
AG
The tweet says Thursday?
aggielostinETX
AG
Us dumb dirty P1s cant read...
Robert C. Christian
AG
dave94 said:

The tweet says Thursday?
What if today is my Thursday?
dave94
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.