Metroplex
Sponsored by

Return to TX house buying question

1,411 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ghollow
thedanimal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

We are making our triumphant return to TX in January. We were in town last weekend and are under contract but still in the option period on a house in Mansfield (I will be working in Arlington). House looks good but it did have foundation (slab) work on it 2005, house was built in 2000. Sellers included this info in the disclosure and supposedly there is a transferable warranty by the foundation repair company. We had a structural engineer look at and he measured elevations in the house and said it looked good. What say you TexAgs? Are we ok or should we bail? Thanks in Advance.
LHIOB
AG
If its a lifetime transferable warranty then you should be good to go. In DFW its when not if with foundation stuff.
permabull
AG
Twice an Aggie
AG
DFW has horrible soil so if they already got it repaired and engineer said it lools good I would not worry.
fwag04
AG
Be sure to read the fine print on transferring the warranty, I think most companies only give the new owners 30 to 90 days to get it transferred, after that it's voided. This happened to a buddy of mine, he didn't know and they gave him a really hard time about it when he called for warranty work.
HamptonTomatoes
AG
I have no helpful information whatsoever, but welcome back!
thedanimal
AG
Everyone, thanks so much for the input (and for the welcome back!)
webgem08
AG
Who inspected you foundation? We are going to be needing an inspection at our place and are looking for an engineer.
thedanimal
AG
Webjem, it was Esam Jarwan from set square inspections. He came recommended and seemed to do a great job.
ghollow
AG
There are two types of houses in DFW. Those with foundation problems and those that are about to have foundation problems.

All kidding aside, We are starting to see more and more new homes built on drilled piers instead of post-tension slabs. Should help eliminate foundation problems due to soil expansion, but it does come at a cost.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.