Metroplex
Sponsored by

Question for people commuting from Dallas to Fort Worth

2,849 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Streetfighter 02
TheGreatScott12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How bad is it? Might be in the works for me and just want to know what I'm looking at.

Thanks,
AG
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
If you're going from Downtown FW to Downtown DAL, you could take the TRE. Its a long (1hour) ride but quicker than driving if you're going during the rush hour(s). But you don't have to deal with traffic frustration and can get work / reading done during the trip. TRE pass would cost less than gas / downtown parking as well (for me anyway).
PTXaggie08
AG
Commuted from the M Streets to Downtown Fort Worth for 4 years. Got a new job in 2015.

I could always leave at 7am and arrive by 8am. Coming home was a solid 90 minutes. Fridays were the worst.

TRE worked when my wife dropped me off, but other than that, it wasn't worth it.

Honestly, I didn't realize how bad it was until I stopped. It's not the WORST commute in DFW, but it's not a pleasure ride either. If you like the job and it's a great opportunity, you should take it. You won't get tired of it for a couple years, and by then, you might be ready to move houses.
AG
Ag CPA
AG
What part of Dallas do you live in? If you are down around Uptown it probably is pretty manageable taking either the TRE or 30. Taking the roads north of 30 or getting through downtown Dallas is going to be painful though as mentioned above.

TRE from Union Station to downtown FW is about an hour, the time between the downtowns on 30 with no traffic is around 30-35 minutes.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I did this for a couple years from Royal & Midway to downtown. On the way to work was never bad. I got on the road around 6 am. The return trip was a crap shoot. It could be 45 minutes or an hour and 45 minutes. I was driving to 75 & Lovers to workout on the way back most days. I miss my house and neighborhood but not the commute.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.