Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lake Highlands Oktoberfest!

1,576 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
oldag941
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bring the family out to enjoy the great weather at Flag Pole Hill Saturday.

Lake Highlands Oktoberfest, run by the Exchange Club of Lake Highlands!

Lots of food, brew, family entertainment, music etc.

And there will be TV's for the Aggie game!

http://www.lhofest.net/
aggielostinETX
EnglishElhew07
We will be there!
walton91
nashvilleaggie11
How crowded is it usually? We have a 2.5 month old and like to take her out and about. But Grapefest was a bit too crowded.
aggielostinETX
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

How crowded is it usually? We have a 2.5 month old and like to take her out and about. But Grapefest was a bit too crowded.

Nothing like that. Lots of space. Bring a blanket and chairs. Hope to see you there.
double aught
AG
Was this event previously held at Walnut Hill and Skillman? Or is it different?
aggielostinETX
AG
double aught said:

Was this event previously held at Walnut Hill and Skillman? Or is it different?

Yeah, we moved it
FincAg
AG
Wish I could make it but we will be in CS for South Carolina.
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hope everyone makes it out. EastDallasAg and I busted our asses all day to get it looking just right. (Deats supervised a bit)
Spaceship
AG
I've never been...is there any tricks for parking? I've got a baby/stroller as well.
aggielostinETX
AG
Either at the Dart rail station, Norbuck, across Nw Hwy or the Armory. We have shuttles running from all locations.

Or in the Neighborhood to the North but that could be a bit of gamble.

http://www.lhofest.net/directions
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hope everyone on here was able to make it out. Since we are amongst friends, feedback welcome.
AG
Seemed well run. Left before it ended and I could hear rhymin and stealing all the way down lawther to the sailboat club.
nashvilleaggie11
Me, my husband and our 11 week old daughter went yesterday around 10:30am. Parked in Lot B and it couldn't have been easier...shuttle was right there. I really liked the layout of the event and it was extremely family friendly which I really appreciated. Saw lots of Aggies and lots of Aggie babies so that was fun. Thought the drink prices were extremely reasonable...one guy ordering next to me plopped down like 15 tickets for his beer and water and was shocked when the girl said it was only 7 tickets. So kudos on that. LOVED the mobile bar thing. I have helped organize a few festivals and have never seen anything like that before. Every festival needs it. German group was fun. I'm big into music, so I wish the bands could have started earlier in the day...that's really my only suggestion.

Have you ever heard of Eddie Coker? He's a big time kid's entertainer (I used to go see him when I was a baby according to my mom.) He still plays, in fact he will be at the Arboretum next Monday. Anyways, maybe look into a more kid centric band in the morning when all the kids and young families are there.

Great time. Will be back next year. And adding it to our list of reasons why we really want to move from North Dallas to the Lakewood area!
aggielostinETX
AG
Thanks

Guys worked hard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.