Metroplex
Sponsored by

Uptown Sports Bars

2,151 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Post removed:
by user
PrincessButtercup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Parlay on McKinney is the official Aggie watch bar.
Street_Cred_Norm
Those two are still going strong but PB nailed it. Parlay is the old Primos down by McKinney and Hall.
Bobcat06
AG
Parlay
BlueAg2003
AG
Yup, Parlay. The MAT is the Ohio State alumni bar now and their game is at 11 too this week so I would avoid it.
Post removed:
by user
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Frankie's was awesome when it was it hopdoddys spot, watched a lot of great Aggie basketball there
mavsfan4ever
AG
The new Frankie's downtown is better than the old spot. Location is a little worse but the bar is a little better imo. Christie's is my favorite sports bar in uptown by far, but I never see many ages there for games (haven't been in a few years).
ChoppinDs40
AG
The great Johnny manziel was spotted at parlays last weekend
starched_bingo
We watch at eastwoods just down from parlay. Typically get a good number of spill over since parlay is tiny and the staff are nice
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I agree, better bar set up, but that location sucks for locals. Good for tourist staying downtown though
91AggieLawyer
AG
When did Uptown Bar and Grill bite the dust? They were actually better in their old location down one of the side streets.
Gil Renard
AG
Clutch, Push, or Thrust
AggieC07
AG
Probably at least 5-6 years ago. They have a bar over in farmers market area called "Green Door" a lot of the regulars go there with some of the old bar-tender staff working there too.
qunique_2004
AG
Gil Renard said:

Clutch, Push, or Thrust
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

They have a bar over in farmers market area called "Green Door" a lot of the regulars go there with some of the old bar-tender staff working there too.

Looked at the menu, but is the food similar to UBG? They had some of the better burgers in town.
AggieC07
AG
I actually haven't had the burger (my buddy has and said it was really good). I always thought UBAGS had some of the better bar food around and everything I've had at Green Door has been good as well.

Also they have a sandwich shop called Uncle Ubers, havent been though. I think they are opening another bar on Harwood as well.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
PrincessButtercup said:

Probably the best place to watch sports down there. I know the owners; bunch of good dudes.
Street_Cred_Norm
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

PrincessButtercup said:

Probably the best place to watch sports down there. I know the owners; bunch of good dudes.

Yeah, Brandon and Phil are good people. They also have that new Bar B Q place , among others, in the design district that's pretty good.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
yea I still haven't made it to Ferris Wheelers but their old joint Wayward Sons was legit.
The Pilot
AG
BBQ at Ferris is nothing spectacular.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
The Pilot said:

BBQ at Ferris is nothing spectacular.
i wouldn't imagine. Just another trendy hang out which is their success.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.