Metroplex
Sponsored by

Aggie Ring Stolen at Trinity River Park in Fort Worth

1,733 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by powerbelly
Stephanie Metzger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi friends! Last night my car was broken into at Trinity River Park by Chuy's. They got everything- including my Aggie ring and great grandma's wedding ring that I wear each day. The rest of it is just "stuff", but the loss of these two just break my heart. I'm hoping they pawn them at the same shop- so I can find my great grandma's ring as my Aggie ring is engraved with my name!
1- if y'all would be so kind to spread the word and keep an eye out for my Aggie ring and hopefully the other, that would be so helpful! And please let me know if it is pawned off anywhere.
2- what is the best way to continuously monitor/check for specific pieces of jewelry at pawn shops? This has just never happened to me and I am so at a loss of where to even start!
Thank y'all so so much! Just praying boldly that these two things make their way home!
My Aggie ring is class of '12, with Stephanie Marie Metzger on the inside. My Mimi's ring is a thin silver band with three teeeeeeeeny diamonds.
ftworthag02
AG
I would go to as many pawn shops in Fort Worth and give them your contact info and a pic of a Aggie ring. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It sucks! My business has been robbed numerous times over the past 13yrs and it's always disheartening. We will keep our eyes & ears open.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
No Aggie rings pawned since then match... only 2 and both are earlier class years. Sorry for the loss and hopefully FWPD is helping...
txaggie_2011
AG
txaggie_2011
AG
I'm sorry that happened. I don't know about monitoring the pawn shops but in case someone finds it in a pawn shop or elsewhere and hasn't seen this, you should report the ring as lost to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/lostandfound.aspx

While you're doing that, make sure your information is up to date so you can be contacted if someone finds it and turns it in to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/profile/aggie.aspx

Good luck.
Actionag
Were they in your pants pockets?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Police-Searching-for-Naked-Bicyclist-Who-Attacked-Female-Jogger-445465903.html
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Still no pawns matching your ring...
Yesterday
AG
JonesingAg said:

Still no pawns matching your ring...

Sounds like you have access to leads online? If so that's your sure fire way to try and find it.

To the OP, I own two pawnshops in Fort Worth and we'll keep an eye out. We won't take a class ring unless it matches the owner or in rare cases there's and obvious reason our customer should be in possession of said ring.

You also need to realize that pawnshops only make up a fraction of gold buyers and the others are not nearly regulated like we are. Many buy, never report and melt within a few days. We have to buy, hold it for 20 days or 90 if it's a pawn, report it in detail and then melt if the police don't hold it.

Jewelry is tougher than electronics or firearms since it doesn't contain serial numbers but if Jones has access to leads then that is a huge asset. Good luck.
powerbelly
AG
I would assume most stolen jewelry these days goes to the places where you mail your gold and get money back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.