Metroplex
Sponsored by

Plano Shooting

5,778 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bthotugigem05
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8 dead, including gunman, at a Cowboys watching party at a house off of Spring Creek. Unreal.
Alan Pavio
AG
My gf was just telling me about this. Right up the street from her place. Pretty scary/horrible.
wangus12
AG
Right down the road from us. We are on Spring Creek.
supermanrv
AG
terrible
Ervin Burrell
AG
Hearing it could be an estranged husband situation. Always a good idea to kill 7 people in the name of nookie.
fightinags2013
AG
Wow. So sad.
Ken Adams
AG
anyone happen to know which block or area of spring creek this was off of? we live between spring creek and legacy and were completely surprised to see the headlines late last night
FightinTAC08
AG
1700 block. Spring creek at blue ridge. Check out local news sites you c an get more info. Also a thread on politics board.
Ken Adams
AG
Thanks, venturing to the politics board is always a fun way to start the day
GarlandAg2012
AG
The reddit thread on /r/Dallas is pretty scary. Multiple people who knew those involved are commenting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/6zcmzv/8_dead_in_shooting_at_plano_home_gunman_killed_by/
LHIOB
AG
Im off Coit and SC so not too close but still scary.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Just horrifying that someone could do such a thing. I cruised by there about 10 minutes before it happened.

Dirtbag killed his soon-to-be ex-wife and a bunch of mutual friends. Relevant facebook profile pic linked. He had apparently moved to apartments at the corner of Spring Creek and Ohio (Summer Meadows). He killed 8 while 1 is hospitalized (1 of the 2 transported died). So 9 dead total.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10110557150183284&id=8369137&set=ecnf.8369137&source=49

DannyDuberstein
AG
And major kudos to the first officer on the scene for going in and killing this guy in an active situation. He approached from the back, saw victims in the yard, heard shots in the house, entered, and killed the guy.
PlanoAg98
AG
I live less than a mile from where the shooting occurred. I was just getting settled to watch the game when I heard what I thought was fireworks as it was a series or rapid pops.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The guy killed one of his own groomsman. I've seen plenty of cases where an estranged spouse kills the ex and some of her family, but I don't know that I ever recall seeing one that killed the ex and a bunch of what had been mutual friends like this.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Wow. I recently met two of the deceased. Unbelievable how someone can take out so many innocent lives.
PlanoAg98
AG
We were discussing this last night at the Jack Carter dog park that is in that neighborhood. It's a very busy/popular dog park. What if the girl had gone out to the dog park and her ex followed her out there. The death toll could have been much higher. On a typical night there is 20-40 people out there.
Goose
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

We were discussing this last night at the Jack Carter dog park that is in that neighborhood. It's a very busy/popular dog park. What if the girl had gone out to the dog park and her ex followed her out there. The death toll could have been much higher. On a typical night there is 20-40 people out there.
It's also a lot more difficult to hit targets in a wide open area as opposed to someone's living room or backyard.
aggielostinETX
AG
Goose said:

PlanoAg98 said:

It's also a lot more difficult to hit targets in a wide open area as opposed to someone's living room or backyard.
A lot more likely that someone would have been carrying.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
bthotugigem05
AG
I know the girl who survived and is in ICU. Can't imagine the road that's ahead of her but so glad she's alive.
AG
I'm fairly certain Darryl helped me out at David McDavid when I was looking at a car. Seemed like a good guy. Enthusiastic for sure.

Does it seem odd to anyone else how few details have been released about what happened and the number of people there at the time?

DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't know if it's that odd since it's still fairly early. Seems like we know a decent amount, with the exception of who else may have been there. Like you, I've been curious if there were only these 9 people at the party at the time and he shot everyone there, or if there were others that managed to make it out. I've been assuming the former, given word getting to co-workers, friends, etc. of the victims seemed kind of slow and methodical + there haven't been any firsthand accounts floating out or more direct witnesses mentioned. I've heard mention of people that were at the party earlier in the day but not at the time of the shooting, but that's about it.
Matsui
AG
How big of a party was this throughout the day?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Matsui said:

How big of a party was this throughout the day?
I don't think the public yet knows 1) how many people came/went throughout the day, or 2) if there were any other partygoers at the house who were able to escape the shooting at the time it happened.

As for #2 above, I lean towards there not being any or very few as I've yet to see one article mentioning someone who "escaped."
Bobcat06
AG
On reddit, I've read that some party goers went to a bar after the Falcons game to watch the Cowboys.

No idea if it's legit
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

On reddit, I've read that some party goers went to a bar after the Falcons game to watch the Cowboys.

On a similar note, the news said the suspect was at a bar earlier in the day and pulled out a gun and/or knife and put it on the table talking about his ex. If your familiar with the area, it is the Local Public House which is pretty much right across the street from where the shootings took place. This info didn't come from the police but a worker at the bar. They didn't name the bar but they showed the front of it and I live right around the corner from it.
Alan Pavio
AG
The Burger King bar?
MGS
It's the bar in the shopping center on the NE corner of Spring Creek & Custer,
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

That is known as the Burger King bar. It supposedly used to be a BK. That was before I moved to the area. It still has the drive thru window in the back but not used anymore.
EastSideAg2002
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

That is known as the Burger King bar. It supposedly used to be a BK. That was before I moved to the area. It still has the drive thru window in the back but not used anymore.
I grew up in that neighborhood. It was a burger king.
Log
AG
Got some confirmed details today.

Perp showed up at the bar down the street that the ex worked at. Had a strapped on Bowie knife and an exposed 30rd AR mag on his belt. Bartender knew him, told him he couldn't be in there, went outside to talk with him. Perp made a bunch of portentous statements, without actually threatening anyone. PD thinks that he showed up there looking for her and was going to shoot up the bar. No ex, so he left.

Went to house. They argued out front. Ex wouldn't let him in. Apparently went on for awhile, which resulted in a call or two to 911. No gun yet though.

Perp finally nuts out, goes around back, can't get in. Comes back around front, gets AR from vehicle (also had a shotgun, pistol, and possibly another rifle [wasn't sure on this]). Wasn't clear if he used the shotgun to breach front door or if he kicked it in. Enters the house, shoots two on couch and commences to chase the house. Finds the ex, does a mag dump in her (literally). Three shot as they were trying to exit rear door. No one at house was armed.

PD (solo officer) shows up shortly thereafter and makes a rear entry upon hearing shots and seeing the backdoor is open. Comes across perp from his blindside, and sends three rifle rounds into his side. Heart/spine/lung. DRT.

87 rounds fired
PrincessButtercup
AG
Sickening
aggielostinETX
AG
Lots of speculation of an illegal machine gun?

AggieKatie2 said:
Log
AG
No details on that. Cop had a DD SBR, I'm assuming a MK18.
aggielostinETX
AG
Log said:

No details on that. Cop had a DD SBR, I'm assuming a MK18.

Deserves a medal

AggieKatie2 said:
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.