Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ag with plane & fuel to haul relief supplies to disaster zone needs supplies

945 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by momlaw
momlaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeff Ray '10 working with a non profit has a donor paying for fuel to fly relief goods to places like Rockport.
Click to see his thread on Harvey board.

He has arrangements in San Antonio to pick up supplies.

Please see his post for details and contact info.

If you have a group who has compiled relief supplies this will get them in the zone sooner rather than later.

He will also be back hauling evacuees.
culdeus
AG
He is picking up at Addison airport. I'm down to make a drop of gear. When is the next flight out.
momlaw
AG
They will have multiple flights and are continually collecting. Next post will be updates per Jeff.

Thanks & Gig'em
momlaw
AG
Jeff asked that the following be shared:
Dallas Area:
Million Air Addison
4350 West Grove Drive
Addison, TX 75001
972 248-1600
C/O Jeff Zimmerman, Manager

Supplies can be dropped off. It is not necessary to contact him. Aerobridge.org coordinates with the depots and will call out other pilots if Jeff has another load.

Loads of 300 to 500 pounds can be taken. That is equal to 2 to 3 shopping carts depending upon density. If possible write weight on top of package in black marker.

If loads are collected for transport in other areas contact your airport's Fixed Base Operator that handles matters for non-commercial flights. Ask if they will hold supplies for pilots. Typically they will say yes. Then contact Aerobridge Alan Staats:astaats@aerobridge.orgMarianne Stevenson: mstevenson@aerobridge.org

Please note that the items on the list represent what is needed. DO NOT bring clothes to the donation sites as they will simply be turned over to GoodWill or an equivalent charity.

Mosquito Repellent is a TOP Priority
Sun Screen
Chain Saws with 2 Extra Chains Each
Eye Protection
Ear Protection
Generators
Sanitary Wipes
Blister Bandages
Tree Trimmers
Work Gloves (Med/LG/XL/XXL)
Hand Saws

Jeff will be in the air quite a bit. If you have trouble reaching him you can reach me at momlaw76@gmail.com.

culdeus
AG
I'm taking two chainsaws to the airport this morning. I'm gonna work on the meat thing.

He also sent me this:

Addison has been designated a supply depot and will be flying supplies out continuously as soon as they've collected enough to send the planes. I'll plan on being there by 3PM for my second load, but if someone offers up a chainsaw I may be diverted to that because they're needed desperately. Doesn't matter how you bring it. We're sending loads based on the type (saws here... dog food there... etc. bug spray everywhere) Besides the listed items, raw/frozen meat is a big need that we coordinate more closely. Thanks a ton, and please re-post and get the word out on other forums.
momlaw
AG
Jeff's post on Harvey Board last night
Quote:

Alright folks, what a day!

First I have to thank momlaue for spreading the word to everyone. She's done an amazing job directing people towards drop points when I just haven't been able to answer.

Thanks to everyone who has supplied a load thus far. It really gets me and the other pilots pumped up to read messages like "I'm going to go buy every bottle of bug juice in the tri county area..." and "I've got a 1000 lbs of dog food. It'll be at the airport by...."

Today's drop went extremely well after I got off the ground. (Hint: planes start better with keys). We dropped a mixed load in Corpus and they were glad to have the supplies. Apparently they've got enough diapers in Corpus to last a while... I understand we're starting to shift some flight to other areas such as Port A and BMT.

Hand saws and gloves and bug juice were big hits today. Some of you sent in chainsaws and pet food, and although I didn't personally fly them, I know they were moved quickly. Know that you have my thanks if we have not had the chance to speak.

Today proved that the airplanes are fully mobilized and ready to rock and roll. Now is the time to get your phone books and email lists out. Get your local clubs and organizations notified, and ask potential donors to match each other. Maybe it's your HOA or rotary club. Whistle 'em up! Some of you may have business relationships that allow you to leverage customer / supplier relationships. Don't hesitate. Make the call.

I'm proud of the work we've done today. I'll beg you for more support tomorrow!

Jeff Ray '10
"Compassion-8-1-Zulu"
"CMF81Z" on FlightAware
Edited to add 30 amp plugs are needed.
momlaw
AG
I have had the pleasure of working with Jeff and Aerobridge since Jeff first posted Friday.
In the process I've observed that Aerobridge is a top notch outfit. They prioritize those in need and identify specific needs. This is an ongoing worldwide effort that is focused on leveraging volunteers and donations to accomplish missions.

Aerobridge Update
Ground situation has shifted from response to recovery.
Most urgently need:
School supplies
Tools and materials related to remediation of mold and rebuilding

Major airlift Saturday 9 September
School supplies for children of Port Arthur and surrounding areas, one of most economically challenged in Harvey's wake

ANY aircraft that want to participate in this airlift should contact Eric Whyte
at ewhyte@aerobridge.org or Alan Staats atastaats@aerobridge.org or 602.790.2636.

Significant possibility Harvey airlift will shift to support areas impacted by Irma.

If you are in the Dallas, San Antonio, Austin area please note depots above where you can drop off, tell personnel it is for Aerobridge. If you email me momlaw76@gmail.com I will pass along to Jeff and Aerobridge.

If you are in Aggieland contact me per above. We cannot ask Aerobridge to fly in for less than 300#s. They are making their second trip here this morning for 1750#s of pet food, supplies and meds headed to deep east Texas.

If you are in another non depot area and have bulk supplies contact me per above. Last weekend pilots had massive airlift out of Georgetown. It can be arranged.
momlaw
AG
Last major Aerobridge effort in Harvey Zone. Moving on to Irma Sunday.

School Supplies for Port Arthur southeast area school systems, both economically challenged and Harvey devastated.

Clearly specify Aerobridge when dropping off at this location.

Dallas Area:
Million Air Addison
4350 West Grove Drive
Addison, TX 75001
972 248-1600

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.