Metroplex
Sponsored by

Gas?

10,840 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jtmoney03
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are they really running out of gas here in Dallas? Had a friend in Plano just ask on Facebook if anyone knew where gas was available.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Several places out in Wylie...long lines at others.
Bevo99
Saw half a dozen stations in McKinney that were empty. The rest have very long lines.
nai06
AG
Lots of places out already. I think people are just freaking out.

It didn't help when qt announced half their stations would be out by the weekend
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thank goodness I filled up on Saturday for $2.09 and luckily working from home this week.
nai06
AG
Price has jumped 30 cents since this morning at the station by my house
OldAg92
AG
Went to three different stations before we found gas, and paid $2.89/gallon
nai06
AG
Anyone think this is a true shortage looming or just a sort of reverse "don't buy gas on Fridays" nonsense?
91AggieLawyer
AG
I filled up yesterday wondering about this, but I think sticking to the stations a little off the beaten path should work fine.
Baba Ganoush
AG
Just got home and saw that the gas station just south of Preston and Main in Frisco (7-eleven i think) had probably 30-40 cars either getting gas, waiting for gas or lined up in the street to get gas. I got gas at lunch with no issue so part of this feels like a bit of panic, but who knows.
drmwvr
AG
25% of USA refineries are off line and transportation is disrupted in areas that produce gas. This may not get better until next week.
Enviroag02
AG
Filled up this morning at the Racetrack in Rockwall, no lines. $2.49.
Corps_Ag12
AG
drmwvr said:

25% of USA refineries are off line and transportation is disrupted in areas that produce gas. This may not get better until next week.

This
Carlo4
AG
Quik Trip will consolidate gas to half its locations in DFW to stay open. Website will identify which ones have gas.

There were lines in the street at 930 PM last night 3-4 vehicles deep at multiple Plano gas stations. Never seen that much traffic out on the streets on a weeknight.

People are panicking for the holiday weekend. Assuming these were people low on gas or taking trips over the weekend.
FTAB77
AG
Just filled up 2 cars at Shell Snider Plaza.
Vade281
AG
This site helps track gas as people report in.

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/Search.aspx?t=search
Phat32
AG
I find it hard to believe that these suppliers only keep 3-4 days of gas in stock with supply high enough to keep prices at $2/gal. What gives?
80sGeorge
AG
No problems at QT by Love Field last night.
752bro4
AG
No line at all at the 7-11 on the corner of Bush and Jupiter. $2.49/gallon for regular.
aggielostinETX
AG
Plenty of gas everywhere I drove by this morning.
Corpus plants are open.

When the people poeple on FB saying fill up are waiters, teenagers, and grandma's, we have a run on gas for 24 hours and we will return to normal.

I'll worry when my O&G buddies text and say fill up your cans.
redeyeone
AG
I commute to Sherman from Allen. There were two stations in Sherman out of gas that I usually go to. My coworker talked to the owner of another station in Sherman when she filled up. He told her he expected to run out this weekend and is not sure when he will receive more.
AG
Green spot was out of gas. Everything towards the west looked normal
aggielostinETX
AG
robertf03 said:

The independents will be told to STFU.
AG
Deats said:

robertf03 said:

The independents will be told to STFU.

That really messes up my breakfast taco routine
The Collective
AG
I have heard the same through the grapevine... any chance that a panic might exacerbate the issue? We are travelling from DFW to San Antonio this weekend, and it's at least making me a bit nervous.
AggiePetro07
AG
CJS4715 said:

I have heard the same through the grapevine... any chance that a panic might exacerbate the issue? We are travelling from DFW to San Antonio this weekend, and it's at least making me a bit nervous.
I think a panic is what has caused the issue.
The Collective
AG
Don't disagree, but it's reaching the next level of folks at this point. So, while it a concern right now - is there a chance it really becomes bad? I'm worried about needing gas for my return trip on Monday and being SOL.... or just being a massive pain in the ass to find fuel.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

any chance that a panic might exacerbate the issue?
There is no issue outside of the panic...
AggiePetro07
AG
CJS4715 said:

Don't disagree, but it's reaching the next level of folks at this point. So, while it a concern right now - is there a chance it really becomes bad? I'm worried about needing gas for my return trip on Monday and being SOL.
I'd just wake up early and go. My father in law drove around to 6 different places last night, waited about 30 minutes and got some.

Sister in law got some with no line this morning about sun up.

Brother in law is sitting in a line now.

Most people are dumb and lazy. Go when dumb and lazy people aren't awake.
AirplaneAg09
AG
CJS4715 said:

FWIW, I'm doing the same thing and have some buddies in SA who're saying there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary down there.
ntxVol
I just heard about this also, seems WFAA blasted a story about a gas shortage and people are panicking.
The Collective
AG
ntxVOL said:

I just heard about this also, seems WFAA blasted a story about a gas shortage and people are panicking.

I figured this was a combo of the media and facebook / nextdoor. Crazies.
Phat32
AG
I'm actually in favor of the stations jacking up the prices.

Force people to actually make the decision of buying some vs. just crowding to get it and everyone running out. Conservation isn't the worst thing.

Supply and demand is a crazy equation.
aggielostinETX
AG
Yep, regular should go up to 2.50-2.75 for a week or two.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I became part of the problem this morning. Several stations near my house are out. I chose not to wait last night and on my 4th stop found a station in downtown Fort Worth with only premium.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.