Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ring Stolen from Garland Maaco

1,458 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txaggie_2011
DallasAg22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had my truck painted at the Maaco in Garland on East Walnut. I dropped my truck off and took my valuables with me (I was mostly concerned with remembering my pistol). I completely forgot about my Aggie ring in the ash tray. I set my ring in the ash tray when I go into the gym. I remembered leaving my ring the next morning but (regretfully) I did not contact Maaco thinking it was safely stashed away in the ash tray. I pick my truck up Friday evening to find my ring had been stolen. I have filed a police report and met with the owner of Maaco (who could not have cared less). I do not expect to see my ring again but I would like all my fellow metroplex aggies to be aware of the theives around us. I blame myself for what has happened because I left myself open for theft. Keep an eye out, I'll keep looking until I die.

Gig em
Yesterday
AG
That sucks. There's a couple things you can do. See if you can get the workers names and try to get the Dallas Pawn detective to run a search on the names through leads online. Pawnshop owners have to report everything they buy or pawn to this database. The police are the only one's with access. If you can't get the names, then you'll have to befriend the pawn detective to do a little extra work to search for key words like class ring, A&M, Aggie etc.

Pawnshops are legally not supposed to take a class ring with someone else's name unless there is a legit reason the person should have said ring. That said, the chain pawnshops employee hourly wage pawnbrokers who A. don't care, B. are not educated on pawn laws or C. just made a mistake.

Then again it may never make it to a pawnshop. Gold buyers buy gold just as much and are not nearly regulated. If it goes to one of them then you have zero chance to get it back. Good luck.
txaggie_2011
AG
I'm sorry that happened.

For starters, in case someone finds it in a pawn shop or elsewhere, you should report the ring as lost to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/lostandfound.aspx

While you're doing that, make sure your information is up to date so you can be contacted if someone finds it and turns it in to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/profile/aggie.aspx

Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.