Metroplex
Sponsored by

Need a lunch spot by 635 and belt line

1,566 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MsDoubleD81
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Former client just moved to town, works in the area, and we are meeting for lunch. I am not familiar with the area other than i pass it on my way to the airport. Any ideas of some place I could suggest that would be someplace he would probably want to make a regular lunch spot?

walton91
Its not a great area. Lots of fast food and fast casual especially down by 635 and MacArthur (MiCocina, etc). Down at 114 and MacArthur is The Ranch, and The Keg Steakhouse
Objective Aggie
AG
Confirming that you are looking for Irving area?

635 and Belt Line intersect twice (once in Irving and again in Mesquite) but they are also in the same vicinity all over so 635 and Belt Line area can mean a lot of things.

That said, it is most likely Irving. The Ranch (American/Southern) as mentioned is a great lunch spot. Sushi choice would be Blue Fish. Via Real for Mexican.

Also Gaylord has some restaurant choices and is not that far away.
Objective Aggie
AG
walton91 said:

Its not a great area. Lots of fast food and fast casual especially down by 635 and MacArthur (MiCocina, etc). Down at 114 and MacArthur is The Ranch, and The Keg Steakhouse
Taco Diner, not Mi Cocina?
Duncan Idaho
Yeah. Iriving.

The ranch might work.
txag2008
AG
Afrahs, Slim Chickens
AG
Lots of indian and Mediterranean stuff in the area. The rest is your usual chain restaurant garbage.

Afrahs is probably the best at that intersection. Try to avoid that entire area between noon and 1 if you have high blood pressure.
91AggieLawyer
AG
There's nothing, really, at 635 and Beltline specifically, other than fast food places like McDonalds, Jack, Jimmy Johns and maybe a Taco Cabana. A little down the road to the east at 635 and Mac, there are a lot of choices:

-- Razoos
-- Chilis
-- BWW
-- On the Border
-- Cheddars
-- Mi Cocina
-- Jasons
-- Saltgrass
-- Twin Peaks
-- Il fratelli (sp?; local italian place but nice interior)

And of course, things like Texadelphia, Firehouse, Chipoltle and Freebirds.

The Keg and Taco Diner are south at 114 and Mac along with Red Hot and Blue, Dickies, Chammps (big sports bar). Via Real is way south on MacArthur between North Lake College and MacArthur HS. I don't recommend the place, but a lot of people like it. Trendy groupthink if you ask me, but whatever.

If you're going to go there, go to Po Melvins at Beltline and Walnut HIll in Irving. Sort of a mixture between a down home and Cajun place. Generous portions and pretty good food. It is about 3-4 miles south of 635 on Beltline.
MGS
Coppell Deli
fourth deck
AG
Po Melvin's and i Fratelli - 2 original Irving standouts
Goose
AG
Hard 8 BBQ is just up the road from there.
Objective Aggie
AG
FC12
LA Burger...you're welcome. North of 635 on MacArthur right by valley ranch. Burgers are awesome.
IFeelLikeLarryDavid
I work in this hell hole area. Po Melvins would be my first choice without reservation and regardless of client expectations. Agreed on LA burger too.

LHIOB
AG
FC12 said:

LA Burger...you're welcome. North of 635 on MacArthur right by valley ranch. Burgers are awesome.

Get the tacos. Best tacos in DFW.
LHIOB
AG
Goose said:

Terrible food
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

down at MacArthur...

Mi Cocina

or i Fratelli (not the pizza place, they have an Italian restaurant there)

down a little further at MacArthur and 114 is Red Hot and Blue.

Twice an Aggie
AG
7 Salsas is a great spot! It is at 635 and MacArthur. Mexican food with tons of fresh salsas and great food.
Texas Ag Mom
2-3 miles from there is Anamia's Mexican food. NE corner of Denton Tap & Sandy Lake Rd.
Goose
AG
LHIOB said:

Goose said:

Terrible food

Not the best, hardly terrible.
AggieFrog
AG
Po Melvin's - that's right by where I grew up and I go every chance I get. Great down home cooking. Took my now wife there for our first date in '02.
george07
AG
I work in the area too. Definitely agree about LA burger. Lots of good Indian, Vietnamese and Middle Eastern restaurants in this area also. I like Andalous (just like Fadi's, must be the same owners), Our Place or Urban Tadka for Indian and I Luv Pho on MacArthur. Fortune House is also decent Chinese food.
Coppell97
AG
54th street
Newk's

Some other potential places to go to as well.
Vade281
AG
Cavalli's pizza is my favorite.
FC12
jr281 said:

Cavalli's pizza is my favorite.

I can walk to Cavallis from my office...good
Pizza!
big ben
AG
Cool River or 7 Salsas
MsDoubleD81
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

2-3 miles from there is Anamia's Mexican food. NE corner of Denton Tap & Sandy Lake Rd.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.