Metroplex
Sponsored by

Nursing Home in East Dallas/Rockwall Area

681 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by supermanrv
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a colleague who's mother had a stroke and is currently at Baylor downtown, but they are needing to move her to a nursing home in August. Ideally they are looking for something in Rockwall, Rowlett, Garland, Mesquite, or East Dallas area. Wanted to see if anyone had any experiences or recommendations, ideally for a place that is strong in stroke recovery. TIA
OregonAggie
AG
Have they made a decision on nursing facility vs inpatient rehab vs long term acute care?
HouseDivided06
AG
I am not 100% sure, but I think they just were advised yesterday or today that she would need to be in a nursing home. I don't know too much about the situation, but I am just trying to help out with some of the legwork and research for her to take some of the pressure off.
OregonAggie
AG
I have a lot of friends in that industry and I'll put out some feelers for y'all. I'll repost something by this afternoon.
HouseDivided06
AG
Thanks, I really appreciate it. They or you are also free to email me at username at gmail. I just want to take some of the preliminary leg work off them.
OregonAggie
AG
One of my friends suggested Palomino in Mesquite, which is near Town East and Gus Thomason rd. Easy access to 30. She told me that the facilities in Rockwall are a little older and run by companies that do more long term care vs skilled rehab. Palomino is newer, which isn't always a good thing, but they are run by Cantex and the level of care has been great since it opened.

She also suggested Legend Oaks in Garland off Belt Line and Shiloh. She said they're a little heavier on long term care than Palomino but they provide good care and are run by Fundamental, which is another company with a good reputation.

The discharge planners at Baylor in Downtown should be familiar with both facilities, especially Palomino.

Make sure your friends visit the facilities before making a decision. Tours normally take about 45 minutes but are well worth it.
supermanrv
AG
Broodmore is nice in Rockwall. It's new and not far from Presby Rockwall
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.