Metroplex
Sponsored by

Painter recommendations in Rockwall

973 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PTXaggie08
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions?
Enviroag02
AG
I'm building a house in rockwall and unfortunately I don't have good news for you. The whole painting industry has somehow been able to reduce everyone's expectations while being told thank you for royally screwing me. We are on our third painter. The first screwed our white painted cabinets up so bad that the only cure was to strip the 10 coats off and start fresh but of course the second painter that our builder hired said that wasn't necessary so they put another coat on and surprising they looked better except for a few little spots that needed a touch up. Well nancy boy painter saw our blue tape touch up spots and got his feelings hurt so he took a rough bristled brush and put brush marks all over the cabinets. We called $1,000,000 home builders and walked their houses and saw the same crap paint jobs. We talked to 5 or 6 other home builders and every single one either said they themselves were looking for another painter or said they had two, one of which was good but very expensive and unreliable and the other was below average but reliable and affordable. Bottom line...go see their work, have them tell you every step they will be going through and for the love of god don't point out the small stuff in hopes they don't get their feelings hurt!
aezmvp
Enviroag02 said:

I'm building a house in rockwall and unfortunately I don't have good news for you. The whole painting industry has somehow been able to reduce everyone's expectations while being told thank you for royally screwing me. We are on our third painter. The first screwed our white painted cabinets up so bad that the only cure was to strip the 10 coats off and start fresh but of course the second painter that our builder hired said that wasn't necessary so they put another coat on and surprising they looked better except for a few little spots that needed a touch up. Well nancy boy painter saw our blue tape touch up spots and got his feelings hurt so he took a rough bristled brush and put brush marks all over the cabinets. We called $1,000,000 home builders and walked their houses and saw the same crap paint jobs. We talked to 5 or 6 other home builders and every single one either said they themselves were looking for another painter or said they had two, one of which was good but very expensive and unreliable and the other was below average but reliable and affordable. Bottom line...go see their work, have them tell you every step they will be going through and for the love of god don't point out the small stuff in hopes they don't get their feelings hurt!
Dear. God.
Enviroag02
AG
When your builder tells you to "step back and tell me if you see it now" you know you have a problem! I will let you know how this new painter is. They seem to be top notch so far but they are not cheap. My wife found them from some fancy interior design company in Dallas.

They should be done in 8-9 working days. Every single cabinet in our entire house is being redone. Kitchen, laundry, closet, master bath, guest bath, mud room, butler pantry, regular pantry...the whole damn thing. Yeah I'm frustrated.
IFeelLikeLarryDavid
Not that I can vouch for any of them, but Sherwin Williams on 205 has cards for several local painters.

Also, stay away from S&D Remodeling. We did a remodel with them back in the fall. While generally their work was acceptable, his painter was one of the worst I've ever seen. The effort these jacklegs put into selling crappy work is unbelievable. I know where Enviroag is coming from.
saltyoldguy
AG
Cannot personally vouch for this guy but he has been around the area for a long time.

http://www.imburgiapainting.com
PTXaggie08
AG
Tracy Cole
Picture Perfect Painting
(214) 801-4809

I've spent around $20k with him. He's very good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.