Metroplex
Sponsored by

Cleburne Railroaders - Internet Poll

1,236 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by proc
SuzyQ06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you haven't yet, go check out a Cleburne Railroader's independent league baseball game. Great venue, great atmosphere and family friendly.

Oh and also, be sure and vote for the Railroaders here. They are in the semi-finals for best independent league ball park in the nation. They have advanced quite a ways through the "playoffs" in this poll, and this native would love to see them take it all.

If you've been, have you enjoyed it? Looks like access is pretty easy from FW given that its right on the toll road.
CampingAg
AG
I actually learned of them while doing research about Lagrave Field/FW Cats when I started the previous thread about Lagrave. Looks like a great ballpark and great time. Would love to catch a game this year. Live in downtown FW, and probably would've been to a game by now had I heard of them sooner.
proc
RiskManager93
AG
My sons played this spring on a team in Aledo coached by a the husband of a descendant (follow that???) of Tris Speaker who played for the Cleburne Railroaders in 1906. Tris was best friends with Ty Cobb and is in the HOF after playing for the Yankees, and he's generally considered one of the greatest CF of all time. Their family loaned some cool memorabilia to the museum they have there at the ballpark, and his number has been retired.

The stadium still had a few kinks to work out, but for less than $50, our family had a great time and we would highly recommend it.
SuzyQ06
Please go vote! Help Cleburne win this! Just hours left!

Angry face for motivation!
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Definitely take the family to see a game. Some of my fondest early memories are attending games with my family at the old Katy Park in Waco, home of the Waco Pirates, a Pittsburgh farm team, in the mid 1950's. I'm sure my mom and dad would never have guessed that I would still be remembering those trips to the ball park over 60 years later!
SuzyQ06
We won!!
proc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.