Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lagrave Field

1,073 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by phoenix491
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious to see if anyone knows anything about it regarding future plans or anything. Was cruising through town and decided to stop by. It's in pretty rough shape. Graffiti all over the outfield walls, scoreboard falling apart, windows broken out, parking lot overgrown with weeds. Sad to see, especially for this sucker for ballparks. Wasn't a bad place at all to watch a game.

Edit: Did just find this article from the Star Telegram.
Matsui
AG
Isn't it used for juror parking?
Fort Worth Realtor
AG
It is shocking to see it fall into disrepair so quickly. I think the last season it had games played there was just 2014.

It's my understanding that an investment group out of Houston owns it and is planning to just sit on it until new development comes in. It is used for juror parking during the weekdays but that's about it. It's a shame it can't be put to use for something else.
phoenix491
AG
Loved going to games at LaGrave, and I hate to hear how far it's fallen in just a few years. I think it was hard for the Cats to gain any sort of momentum with their unaffiliated status. When the players have a next-to-zero shot at making the Show (Luke Hochevar and a few others excepted, who were mostly just contract holdouts and playing to stay in shape), it's hard to keep the seats full.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.