Metroplex
Sponsored by

Another girl missing in DFW

4,691 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by eric76
SuzyQ06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First Kaytlynn Cargill (found in a dump) and now Kyanna Coffey.

Man they look similar...lets hope that this isn't the start of something and they catch this creep.

Kyanna Coffey

Kaytlynn Cargill

If you have a young teen daughter, hold her a little closer right now.
Matsui
Kate Beckett
AG
This is so sad.
Hincemm
AG
i'm hopeful that there's no connection given the geographical differences (i know mansfield and bedford seem close, but those are very different areas).

very sad regardless. hope they catch the offending party very soon
SuzyQ06
No news outlets are reporting on Kyanna Coffey.

Kaytlynn's body was found in Arlington...so we may have a radius. Who knows?
eric76
AG
The body was found in a landfill amid some trash that had been hauled in a little earlier. It seems probable that the body was left in a dumpster elsewhere.
wbt5845
AG
SuzyQ06 said:

No news outlets are reporting on Kyanna Coffey.

Kaytlynn's body was found in Arlington...so we may have a radius. Who knows?
I find this odd too. And only one website is reporting on Kyanna Coffey. Thsi is one of those times I really hope it's a hoax.
hph6203
AG
Update says she was seen at a Waffle House with a tatted up dude. Ran away in the middle of the night, may have been kidnapped but more likely a runaway based upon the circumstances.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Update says she was seen at a Waffle House with a tatted up dude.

So, assuming she was going along willingly, what attracts young girls to this sort of figure?
eric76
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Update says she was seen at a Waffle House with a tatted up dude.

So, assuming she was going along willingly, what attracts young girls to this sort of figure?

There is an obvious hint in this article:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article158181939.html.
eric76
AG
I hadn't seen the report.

It turns out that she was murdered after all by a 16 year old boy she was supposed to buy drugs from.

From https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bedford-Police-Announce-Arrest-in-Kaytlynn-Cargill-Murder-442491283.html:
Quote:

A 16-year-old juvenile acquaintance of the victim has been charged with murder in connection with her death and held on $250,000 bond, police said Friday.

He was arrested Friday morning at O.D. Wyatt High School in Fort Worth, according to his arrest warrant.

The warrant, obtained by NBC 5, said Kaytlynn was involved in a drug transaction with the teen at the time she disappeared.

The boy was living in a nearby apartment and that's where she was killed, the affidavit said. Blood spatters were found in several areas of the unit.

The court papers also said detectives believe she was killed with a hammer and that investigators found a hammer with blood on it in the suspect's apartment.

The blood was later confirmed through DNA to be the girl's.
GarlandAg2012
AG
With a hammer? What the hell. It's a scary and violent world we live in.
eric76
AG
I was expecting a drug overdose.
hph6203
AG
Two different girls, Cargill was already known to be deceased when this thread was started, Coffey was the second girl to go missing within the week and she was located alive shortly after the alert was sent out.

Just clarifying because my previous post seemed like I was minimizing the disappearance of the girl in some way and I was talking about the one who was still missing. I think most people believed when Cargill was found at a landfill that it wasn't from anything other than murder. Glad that it seems like they caught the *******.
eric76
AG
hph6203 said:

Two different girls, Cargill was already known to be deceased when this thread was started, Coffey was the second girl to go missing within the week and she was located alive shortly after the alert was sent out.

Just clarifying because my previous post seemed like I was minimizing the disappearance of the girl in some way and I was talking about the one who was still missing. I think most people believed when Cargill was found at a landfill that it wasn't from anything other than murder. Glad that it seems like they caught the *******.
It isn't at all surprising that it was drug related. I really expected the cause of death to be a drug overdose.
eric76
AG
For what it's worth, the alleged murderer, Jordin Roache, who is now 18 and will stand trial as an adult, is to be examined to see if he is mentally capable of going to trial.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.