Metroplex
Sponsored by

4th of July in DFW

1,550 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gvine07
Billy Moose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Besides the big fireworks show in Addison, what's something I should check out that weekend/week?
Comeby!
AG
We've lived here for years and always left town for the 4th. Last year (and possibly this year) we were stuck here and for such a big city, July 4th celebrations here are pathetic.
aezmvp
Comeby! said:

We've lived here for years and always left town for the 4th. Last year (and possibly this year) we were stuck here and for such a big city, July 4th celebrations here are pathetic.

I dunno Kaboom Town really is pretty good and a lot of the small towns historic districts are pretty good.
OregonAggie
AG
FC Dallas has a huge fireworks show every year on the 4th but you'd have to be a soccer fan to take in the whole experience. I think that's what we're doing this year.
AgBQ-00
AG
We typically do the Roanoke 4th celebration. Free admission live bands and food for sell. The fireworks show is not bad either
Comeby!
AG
Keep em coming
mhayden
It's absolutely swarmed with people due to being a free event, but the one time we went to the Fort Worth 4th on the Trinity it was enjoyable.
proc
AG
Fort Worth also has the concert in the garden. Not free, but the same Trinity River fireworks are right over your head while they play Souza's finest patriotic tunes.
SuzyQ06
Mansfield puts on a very good show by Big League Dreams baseball park. The waterpark next door looks to be fun too. You can set up a little picnic spot on Mansfield National golf course and the fireworks will be right overhead. It gets packed quick though! Fireworks are free. Waterpark, I don't know.
aggie_wes
AG
Grapevine Lake. You can see at least 4 cities' fireworks from there
tclub
Southlake and roanoke celebrations are fun!
gvine07
AG
Growing up my family went to a Rangers game or watched at Grapevine Lake (once at aggie_wes' parents' house). You can see a few different shows from there while the traffic lightens up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.