Metroplex
Sponsored by

Best Marinated Fajita Meat?

13,311 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by L8HIT
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just informed by the wife we are having people over this weekend to grill out / drink and let the kids play outside. I am not going to have the time to properly marinade my own stuff. Where are your favorite places for getting marinated chicken and beef? Anywhere in Plano preferred but work in Dallas so can pick up most anywhere in Dallas, Richardson or Plano.

Thanks!!!
Chewy
AG
I believe Central Market has the HEB marinated fajitas and they can't be beat in my book.
ww
AG
I think the Nolan Ryan brand of marinated skirt steak from Kroger is pretty good. Kroger also sells their own, but it's actually sirloin (fajita purists will so "no go" to that, but we buy from time to time), and it's cheaper.

Might want to give Central Market a look, as they (HEB, not Central Market) always had marinated fajita meat that we enjoyed while living in the Austin area.
MattAg06
AG
The pre-marinated meat from Central Market is always a hit. You also can't go wrong stopping in to one of the local Michoacana's, their meat is quite tasty.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm partial to La Michoacana marinated fajita but haven't tried the Central Market meat.
ftworthag02
AG
Go to Costco and buy loin flap, marinate in 12 oz pineapple juice & 8 oz soy & 4 oz water. Marinate 4 hrs. Bam!
realestateguru
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Go to Costco and buy loin flap, marinate in 12 oz pineapple juice & 8 oz soy & 4 oz water. Marinate 4 hrs. Bam!
You use flap rather than skirt for fajitas? Interesting.
AW 1880
AG
Be sure to pick up some tablitas when you go to La Michiocana.
ftworthag02
AG
Yes it's what pappasitos & uncle julios (I think) use
agchino
AG
I will second marinated fajita meat from La Michoacana.
planoaggie123
AG
Thanks for the input! I will either try Central Market or La Michoacana. I have used Central Market before but never La Michoacana (there is actually one less than a mile from my work so maybe will give it a shot).
nai06
AG
La Michoacana, Fiesta, El Rancho, Cost Plus, are all in my regular rotation for premarinated fajita meat. Get the red seasoned stuff
Millner5220
AG
Hands down Michocana. You don't go to an American restaurant for fajitas, why would go to an American grocery store for them?

Having said that....HEB and Central Market preseasoned is still good.
YouBet
AG
I believe michocana is where I went in East Dallas and theirs were the best I've ever had and practically free to boot.

They also had a full blown homemade tortilla machine in the middle of the store.
Comeby!
AG
You're gonna get chorro!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Comeby! said:

You're gonna get chorro!
CBattBQ87
AG
Hirsch's on Parker at Alma.
SoCalAg97
AG
La Michocana, buy the un-marinated fajita meat and just buy the "El Venado" white fajita seasoning salt there to put on your meat. Much better than buying pre-marinated imo.

https://www.amazon.com/Fajita-Sazon-Blanco-White-Seasoning/dp/B01BVR9G1E

nai06
AG
I much prefer the red seasoning
L8HIT
AG
Loin flap from Costco for the win. Once you try it you'll never go back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.