Metroplex
Sponsored by

Frontier (FiOS) vs. Spectrum in the DFW area

2,207 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Twice an Aggie
Jack Bristow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross-posted with the nerdery but thought I'd see if anyone has insight here as well.

Moving into my new apt complex and the options are Frontier and Spectrum. I am honestly clueless about the difference. Any insight or advice would be appreciated.
hijakeroo123
AG
Spectrum x1000. FiOS was excellent went it was run by Verizon, but when Frontier took over, service has gotten spotty and it is nearly impossible to get a live human on the phone. Just do a search for Frontier Communications and you will understand what I mean; it has happened all over the country. I have had Spectrum for the past 6 months or so, and they have been generally great so far outside of system glitches when trying to initially sign up for service.
Mojave
AG
Frontier? Not no; hell no!
By far the worst consumer experience of my life.
https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/2740412/1
Ol Jock 99
AG
Just say no to Frontier.
Matsui
AG
Spectrum
Twice an Aggie
AG
Spectrum, Spectrum, Spectrum...never Frontier, ever again.
Jack Bristow
AG
So...what y'all are saying is, go with Frontier?!?....

Kidding, thank you for the feedback. I have an appointment set up with Spectrum for Friday.

Do you recommend using a modem of theirs or gettin my own?
Twice an Aggie
AG
I got my own router and had them set up theirs as a bridge. I wanted the 2g and 5g network to work better with streaming.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.