Was one of the more unique things about Dallas I thought when I first moved here. A Video rental store that had some really unique content. Ultimately, couldn't fight the streaming. I haven't been in more than 10 years and clearly I'm part of the problem, but back in the day they were a staple for unique stuff you couldn't get here and just normal movies.

https://www.dmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2017/05/premiere-video-closed/

Quote:

Speaking on the phone, Heather Hankamer, a former Premiere Video employee who worked at the store for 22 years and is now helping Wade respond to those calls and visits from distraught film fans, confirmed that the space on Mockingbird is closing. Even with the strong sense of community formed by the store's regulars and one of the most impressive film libraries in the state, Premiere has not been immune to the forces that killed off every other video rental store in town, she says. Staying open in such a large space proved unsustainable, but Wade isn't ready to give up on Premiere. Wade couldn't bear to part with any of the collection, which includes many rare titles and other gems, and Premiere Video will avoid the indignity of a going out of business sale, Hankamer says.

Wade was a character out of an indie movie himself and made the place what it was.