Metroplex
Sponsored by

Fort Worth Zoo Beastro

1,742 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wbt5845
GMM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody selling extra tickets?
mhayden
I enjoy the event but I don't understand how they can continually charge the same price while going bargain basement on the entertainment... They've gone from having bands with Top 100 hits (albeit from yesteryear) to cover bands taking a break from the Sherlock's/BakerSt-circuit.
aglaohfour
AG
Know anyone on the Tanglewood Moms Facebook page? I've seen a few selling tickets this week on there.
GMM
Canceled.

Well that sucks
mhayden
Non-profit "donation" event so as of now they are still claiming no refunds but "100% tax deductible"... for a $100+ ticket... for a "rain or shine" event....

That's ballsy.
GMM
I've only been aware of it for the past couple years, has it ever been flat out canceled before?
aggielostinETX
AG
free_mhayden said:

Non-profit "donation" event so as of now they are still claiming no refunds but "100% tax deductible"... for a $100+ ticket... for a "rain or shine" event....

That's ballsy.
Very ballsy....
SuzyQ06
*I did not get tickets to the Beastro, friends of mine did have tickets* But it was printed on the tickets that there would be no refund in the event of a cancellation. Doesn't change the sour feeling, but the attendees were on notice.
mhayden
Yeah I have no doubt they had/have legal footing... I would just think the combo of having to deal with likely CC chargebacks and just the overall loss of goodwill.

Honor the tickets for next year's Beastro, give a free season pass to the zoo, something...

Would be interesting to know with the cancellation policy if they took out a rain-out insurance policy like many outside summer events do and if they can actually claim any loss of revenue since they are not refunding.
aggielostinETX
AG
Did it actually rain?
aglaohfour
AG
We live close to the zoo, and it didn't rain until well after midnight, and I didn't see any lightning until then either. I think they screwed up calling it so early. If they'd waited until a couple of hours prior, they would have realized that the storm wasn't going to materialize.

That being said, I understand why people are disappointed, but it is a fund raiser after all...
mhayden
Deats said:

Did it actually rain?

No, it was actually a very pleasant night (albeit a bit windy).

Just struck me as a bit poorly planned... Even ignoring going cheap on the entertainment, it seems to me that there could have been some backup planning done in case of weather. I mean, at $100+ a head, food all being served "au gratis" -- take some of that money and rent out a barebones indoor facility and bring in a couple of wallabys and most people would still be happy as long as they getting their food and drink.
The Collective
AG
I used to live on Rockridge behind the zoo. One night about 10 years ago, I either heard Huey Lewis and the News or the most amazing cover band version of the group. Sad they aren't even pulling performers like that these days.
wbt5845
AG
I'd never heard of Beastro before this thread. $100 for free food and drinks? Even with so so music, that sounds pretty cool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.