Metroplex
Sponsored by

Camping on Lake Lavon, Lakeland Park vs East Fork Park vs Lavonia Park

1,246 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chick79
Good Bull Jones 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am planning a camping trip for my buddy's bachelor party, and I am not 100% on which of the campsites in the title I should go with.

The one that seems the most attractive to me is Lakeland park, because it's on the East side of the lake, and so I think it would be less crowded and feel a little further away from the city. However, it is first come first serve, and I don't expect our group of 12 to be rolling in until 6:00 or so. I'm worried that we would have a hard time claiming a spot, but I don't know how crowded this campground gets.

The alternative is going to East Fork, and making a reservation there, so we don't run the risk of not having a campsite when we get there. There are spots available for this weekend, right on the water. The downside to East Fork (to me) is that it seems awful close to the city, and seems to have fewer trees than Lakeland.

Can anyone from the DFW area give an idea of how good or bad either campsite is, and their thoughts on whether I should make the reservation or take my chances at Lakeland?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Are y'all set on Lavon? Ray Roberts, Texoma, Lake Bonham, and Lake Fannin would all be much nicer lakes to camp at. Obviously, much further drive though.
Lavon gets a ton of "lake trash."

I doubt Lakeland will have many out there, but I'd go ahead and make a reservation at East Fork just in case.
Chughes88
AG
Yeah Lavon can be a little dumpy. We camp at Lake Benbrook outside Fort Worth fairly often and always enjoy our time out there. It's open camping, which is nice, and you don't have to deal with alcohol restrictions like you do in other parks.
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
I think we're probably gonna stick with Lavon, because the plan is to Paintball in the afternoon, and then drive to our camping spot. Need somewhere that's pretty close to Garland.

If Lakeland (or another Park that's on the lake) isn't that much better that the risk might be worth it, then making the reservation sounds like the way to go.
chick79
AG
Lavon is a pretty good fishing lake but camping there is pretty white trash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.