Metroplex
Sponsored by

Searching for place to live and transportation in Irving for Summer

769 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wbt5845
Jalexandria22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! I am an Aggie (ISEN '18) with an Internship at HMS Holdings in Irving this summer, and I'm looking for a place to live while I'm there. I don't currently have a car, so I'm looking for either somewhere close or somewhere where transportation is accessible. I'm really unfamiliar with the area, so if anyone knows anyone that might be able to help an Aggie out, that would be wonderful! I'm open to house sitting or anything really, as long as I have a place to stay!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Well there are some apartments right around there. That's the las colinas area of Irving.

It's not the best for entertainment but it is also very very close to the DART light rail line that runs all the way into and through downtown Dallas so you could use that to get around to lots of places since you have no car. There is a stop within a mile of HMS at North Lake college.

Alternately you could live anywhere that's close to a DART light rail station and and use that to get to work. It's convenient and runs often without many service problems.
'03ag
If it were me, and I wasn't going to have a car, i'd get as close as I could to work. It's going to cost more, but you might make it up in less ubering and stuff during the week.

This complex is what I would consider walking distance. There's some retail not far as well. I don't live around there, but I work in Las Colinas, and lunch in that area a lot. I don't know what kind of bus routes are around, but I wouldn't want to rely on them all the time. I don't know your comfort level with walking around at night either. Male, female, amateur MMA fighter? Las Colinas isn't rough at all, but everyone is different.

You'd also be pretty close to DART and you could take that all the way to downtown Dallas. I'm guessing there are stops pretty close some decent nightlife.

If you don't have a car I don't see how renting a room from someone is going to work. No one is going to be that close to the office for you. And probably not close to mass transport either. and even then you'd be doing bus->rail->bus to the office. Personally, I wouldn't want to do that every day. You'd cost yourself 2-3 hours/day in travel time.

Texas Ag Mom
Be prepared for sticker shock to sign a very short term lease. Some won't do ST lease at all. My son just moved out of LC. He had been in the same apt for 4 years & when he needed to go on a month to month lease they really stuck it to him.
wbt5845
AG
My son is looking to sublease his apartment for the summer. He has an internship in Washington.

His place is close to PGB and Marsh. You would need a car or use Uber to get to Irving or use DART (appears to be two transfers involved, but there's a pickup close to his apartment and drop off close to your office).

If interested, email me at my username AT yahoo.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.