Metroplex
Sponsored by

Kelly's Eastside Plano

3,193 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it moved to Allen. That sucks! Who wants to drive up to Allen and the downtown Plano area is much nicer to visit.

http://www.kellysatthevillage.com/locationVillage.html
duck79
AG
The one in Allen has been there for a few years.
pcbAG
AG
The owner sold the Plano location because it wasn't making any money and the rent on the location was going up. He got a divorce a year or two ago and I believe plans to move to college station.
Ol Jock 99
AG
When did it close? I was up there about a month ago and the website is still up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bummer.

We live in McKinney, but would drive to the one in Plano to watch games occasionally. The one in Allen is kind of douchy.
TecRecAg
AG
Plano one still open to my knowledge. One of my favorite bars to watch a game.
duck79
AG
No it is now closed.
phoenix491
AG
I hate to hear this (about the restaurant and the marriage) ... great place to grab a drink and some really good food. Plus, I used to play softball with the owner back in the day, when he owned another restaurant. When he opened up the Plano location, it was our after-game spot. RIP.
bmc13
AG
Quote:

the rent on the location was going up

so many good places close because of this and nothing good if anything ever replaces them.

and I loved that place. great place to watch the ags.
PuryearAg98
AG
I have to say.. The Plano location went downhill well before it closed. When they opened the other side of the space and created the large bar, a totally different clientele starting going there, and you could see the family element leave rather quickly (within a couple of months).

We continued to go, but very quickly found that the dining side of the space would be relatively empty, with guests and staff really only on the patio and in the bar. Service went downhill as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
bmc13
AG
I really liked the large bar/patio area
TxAgg07
AG
Didn't someone steal the big horse out front? Did they ever get it back?
Garrelli 5000
AG
I only visited the Plano location once many years ago, and we enjoyed the burgers.

We've been to the Allen location several times and generally find the food pretty disappointing. It was nice when it opened because there were no nearby locations to get craft beer, but that is everywhere now.

Generally speaking, the food is always mediocre at best. My wife has never found anything she thinks is worth a return trip, so after several attempts she just refuses to go now. I have a higher tolerance for average food, but without her approval we never go anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.