Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spectrum?

1,659 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aezmvp
civil95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have U-Verse for TV and internet but it has gotten too expensive. How is Spectrum? Is there anything else? I live in McKinney.
aggielostinETX
AG
Switched for just internet b/c we "cut the cable". Loved it so far.
aezmvp
Have it. We use a ton of bandwidth. Multiple streams between myself the rib and 3 kids. We cut the cord too. So it's okay. We have some connection problems occasionally but overall not bad and no data cap. I would imagine that if 5g really does come up online with sufficient bandwidth, the price of wired internet and the data caps will go away. That's the reason behind Verizon, AT&T, Spring and others bringing unlimited plans back. 5G capable phones are out starting with the S8 so we'll see some offloading onto the 5g and away from 3g/4g.

Bottom line, they are okay but I would miss my high bandwidth.
JBLHAG03
AG
Have it but think it too is too expensive. Top speed (300 mbps internet) and preferred channel package with HBO Showtime is $240 ish month and per my bill that includes $50 in discounts. Tried calling to reduce TV package but they said it would make it more expensive because price has gone up since I signed up.

Wife and kids still watch a few shows on TV otherwise Id be fine with my Amazon Firestick.
powerbelly
AG
JBLHAG03 said:

Have it but think it too is too expensive. Top speed (300 mbps internet) and preferred channel package with HBO Showtime is $240 ish month and per my bill that includes $50 in discounts. Tried calling to reduce TV package but they said it would make it more expensive because price has gone up since I signed up.

Wife and kids still watch a few shows on TV otherwise Id be fine with my Amazon Firestick.
I didn't know there was anyone more expensive that what I pay for Directv and gigapower.
riverrataggie
AG
powerbelly51 said:

JBLHAG03 said:

I didn't know there was anyone more expensive that what I pay for Directv and gigapower.

No kidding pay roughly 180 for the same thing on directtv and gigapower.
ThatOneAg
I just canceled uverse and switching to spectrum internet only. I cut the cable as well. Get everything I need from my firestick/kodi.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
So I am getting ready to move into a new house and I am trying to decide weather to get cable or not. I have a chromecast currently to stream Aggie baseball and other games but how do you get access to Watch ESPN without cable. Don't you have to log in with your cable provider to gain access?

Don't want to lock myself into a 24 month contract without fully vetting the other options.
The Pilot
AG
If Watch ESPN is all you are concerned with you can sign up for Sling TV and for ~25/month have access to ESPN.
GMM
I've had TWC/Spectrum internet only for the past year. No complaints. Maybe 1 brief outage but that's it. Promotional rate recently ran out but they were able to give me a similar deal for another 12 months.

Edit: I also like that I can use my own modem and don't have to rent one for $10/month like I did with AT&T
Absolute
AG
Switched to it from FIOS back after the Frontier fiasco. No complaints. Speeds are typically less than my 300 cap, but always seem close to 200. No particular bandwidth issues from neighbors.

Had one outage when the weather changed to cold. They got out the next day, found it to be a street connection issue. Had to put in an order for a different crew. But it was fixed by the next morning.

Cheaper than Fios internet was and technically faster, though I am not sure it matters at those speeds. I did not have to sign a contract.

Don't have the tv. Went with Dish (which I really don't like) because cable's DVR tech seemed way behind.
FincAg
AG
Or try the Vue by Sony and not worry about a popular channel or game being slowed down by too many viewers.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/
aezmvp
Plus if you have the AT&T Unlimited Plus the basic DirectTV Now with HBO is $10/mn with no contract.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.