Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring Storms 2017

41,100 Views | 425 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Goose
GMM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking a little hairy up in Denton tonight
ag09
AG
Tornado sirens just went off in highland village.
Pelayo
AG
Tennis-Baseball ball size hail here in Argyle tonight, supposedly tornado touched down in justin.
Never heard such a loud hail storm the noide was something, sure the roof is fooked. Windows broken.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jopatura
AG
At our in-laws in Denton with a brand new car. Some of the hail pieces we recovered were golf ball+. Luckily they have some investment properties that had an empty garage so the car is protected.
duck79
AG
Hit hard in frisco right now with baseball size hail
AW 1880
AG
Where in Frisco?
Garrelli 5000
AG
Once again lucky in Allen. Last year it went just south of us and tonight just north.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone getting the bad stuff.
bco2003
AG
Mainly marble sized hail at Teel/Main in Frisco.
Kyle98
AG
Baseball sized hail in Highland Village. That was nuts. No broken windows on the house, though.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Quarter to golf ball sized hail here in McKinney at lake forest and 380
Agnzona
Not even a drop yet tonight in Fort Worth.
duck79
AG
North of independence and eldorado. I got lucky and had golfball size. Others we know in the neighborhood about a qtr of a mile north had baseball.
Aries
Barely any rain in Parker Co.
Post removed:
by user
tl1127
AG
Golf ball size here at Independence and Westridge.
BassCowboy33
Tennis ball hail here at UNT.
duck79
AG
Well howdy neighbor
SkierAg
AG
IF anyone receives damage on their vehicles let me know! DFW Storm Solutions will 100% take care of you. I have used them before, and my brother in law has as well. Their shop is in Irving off NW Highway near loop 12 and 35. They repaired my brother in laws truck, but drove from their shop all the way to Josephine to drop off his rental and pick his truck up. They really do take care of you. $0 out of pocket and will work with your insurance, you dont have to worry about the hassle. They have 65 of their own vehicles so if you need help with a rental they cover the cost! IF you look them up online, check out the videos and it will explain what they do and how they do it. HIGHLY recommend. Shoot me an email if you have any questions. jt @ rgactx.com. They guy that owns the business is a longtime classmate of mine
The Collective
AG
Very nice rain storms for me (no hail, no major wind).
agchino
AG
My parents and brother in Double Oak got tennis ball sized hail. Shattered my brothers windshield, broke a window on the house, and killed a neighbors chicken!
Cromagnum
AG
Supposed to do it again a few times this week looks like. Maybe Tuesday and again Wednesday for sure.
The Collective
AG
Tuesday looking very nice right now.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Anyone around Parker/Custer area of Plano get hail? I think it was all north but just wanted to check.
SkierAg
AG
Mention the Texags post about repair, if you need it, and they will square you away. Trust me, I have experience with these guys. They really take care of you!
jimscott85
AG
Just got off the phone with Liere. Hope to have someone out in the next day or so to meet with my preferred roofing contractor.

I've got a busted ridge vent with a minor leak in the garage attic (a few drops only) as well as a smashed in attic vent. The kids playset took a beating, too.

Other than that, we got out OK considering the baseball sized hail. All cars were in the garage.

North Flower Mound area

DadAG10
SkierAg said:

$0 out of pocket and will work with your insurance, you dont have to worry about the hassle.
So, do they eat the deductible ($100, $250, $500, $1,000), or

overcharge the insurance?

Fairview
AG
My parents in Highland Village had a sky light break. I haven't heard about their roof yet.

Friend in Lantana sent a pic holding a baseball sized piece of hail.
SkierAg
AG
They don't overcharge the insurance because they use the same software the insurance uses to determine costs so when the adjuster arrives to their shop the car is already cleaned up and marked thoroughly for the adjuster to see. DFW SS shows them the results of marking the car and the costs based on the software being used and the insurance agrees with the findings and estimate because its their software being used.

Your insurance rate doesnt go up, you arent out of pocket any money, you get a free rental if you need one, and the hassle of having to deal with your insurance and an adjuster is what they deal with for you.

If you go to their facebook page DFW Storm Solutions LLC they have some videos explaining the process with some vehicles
Aggie_Eric98
AG
DadAG10 said:

SkierAg said:

$0 out of pocket and will work with your insurance, you dont have to worry about the hassle.
So, do they eat the deductible ($100, $250, $500, $1,000), or

overcharge the insurance?

This. What if I only have 3 dings, but a deductible of $500.
SkierAg
AG
He will still take care of you. DFW Storm Solutions does not charge a deductible. if you experienced hail during the storm no matter how much you got hit, call them and they will fix it. 972-746-1012. They handle the insurance for you, you just need to call and set it up and leave your car, they will give you a rental for free if you need/want one. They will come to your home, or work, and deliver the rental and take your car for you if you need them too. They are rated #1 in north texas. Gabriel Duran will take care of it
The Collective
The Collective
AG
BTW, my brother has been in commercial P&C insurance for over 15 years from the insurer side (not sales). I talked to him about a shop with a similar business model back when I had work that had to be done. He claims margins are ultra slim for most body shops on insurance work. If a body shop can waive your deductible when doing a repair, you should be asking yourself a lot of questions about their work. I'm not saying that is the case with this shop, but I'm offering a second opinion for those who might be seeking out a place to go get their auto fixed. Take it for what its worth.
DadAG10
All I know is that if the "software" or adjuster shows that to repair would cost $2,000, and the insured has a $500 deductible, the check from insurance will be $1,500.

Where did the $500 go?
SkierAg
AG
I agree with everything you're saying, you have to be careful in these situations...same goes for roofers who are licking their chops right now trying to get business. I don't work for this company, but just have personal experience, i've been to their shop, I sold him my old car for his rental fleet, my brother in law had a really good experience...Trust me I wouldn't share any of this with anyone here if I thought it was sketchy. Gabe and I go way back, hes a good solid dude. He just isn't an Aggie.... that's his only downfall haha
The Reverse Apache Master
AG
Ha...me too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.