Metroplex
Sponsored by

Fence Builder Recommendation

3,517 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AW 1880
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm looking to get quotes on a fence in the Plano/Richardson/Murphy area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Texker
AG
It's been over 15 years but Big Red Fence and Deck built ours. Steve is the owner. Last I spoke with him in 2015 he was still running his own crews. Fence is still in great shape. In fact, it's due to be restained.
angel_00
AG
Blackwell Fencing out of Wylie is top notch. A lot of our neighbors have Cisco fences so that seems popular too. They appear to be good quality imo. I've also heard good things about Hancock out of McKinney but haven't personally seen their work.
Texas Ag Mom
We just got a new fence in Coppell. 8 ft pre stained (had choice of stain color) western red cedar board on board metal post w/a partial retaining wall to level the backside up (less than 2 ft tall). I got a bid from Cisco for $10,891 for 167 sf. Cisco only does one color for the pre stained.
I have a relative that knows the owner of a fence supply house & thru him I got a referral to Rick the owner of AAW Fence & Arbor (214-870-5544). He started demo on Wed am & my fence was complete within 48 hours. His crew looked like they just walked off the set of Duck Dynasty! The bonus of hiring Rick is that I know exactly where he gets his materials & I know that it is high quality wood & hardware. I told him I would be happy to refer him so if you call him just tell him you got the referral from the lady in Coppell on Falcon that he just built for. I paid $7900. You can email me at texasmomjunk at yahoo dot com if you want me to send some pics.
Jill
AG
I am in Wylie and Blackwell is HUGE around here.

We used MDK Fence for one side. The other side was done by Wylie Fence which I do NOT recommend.

https://www.facebook.com/mdkfenceandpatio/

AW 1880
AG
I wanted to provide a follow up post. I got five quotes and ended up going with AAW Fence and Arbor that Ag Mom mentioned above. They tore down and replaced 270 ft of fence in a couple of days. They did a great job and did it at a fair price. I really appreciate the recommendation.
Texas Ag Mom
Glad it worked out for you!
752bro4
AG
Bump - going to give AAW a call. Any other suggestions?

Anyone done an 8' board-on-board recently? Ballpark price on about 250 linear feet?

Also considering a driveway gate and 300 square foot arbor.
Texker
AG
We live in Rockwall now and had Blackwell replace the fence from the corner of the house to the property line. It's well done!

Big Red Fence is still in business as well.
Agdorm12
AG
Ace Fence
Aggie Owned
FincAg
AG
Was quoted by Cowboy Fence & Iron, an M streets company, $55/ft.
AW 1880
AG
If I remember correctly, AAW ended up being around $24/foot for 6' cedar fence with steel posts (with concrete) on six foot centers and a piece of top trim. It was not board on board.
jtraggie99
AG
I am looking to have my fence replaced in McKinney and found this thread. Anyone have any recent experience with fence builders?
752bro4
AG
Mine ended up being $61/linear foot all-in, including 8' board on board capped, trimmed, stained, 3 pedestrian gates, new poles, demo/haul off, and pool rails. Plus we had them do an alleyway gate and a 350 ft cedar arbor with cover.

We used Proworx out of McKinney.
Diamond Dogs
S
JTR,

I build fence, shoot me an email.

exelservices12 at gmail
ChoppinDs40
AG
jtraggie99 said:

I am looking to have my fence replaced in McKinney and found this thread. Anyone have any recent experience with fence builders?
just had a guy come replace 70' of fence for me. Kept the existing posts (galvanized in concrete). For haul off, 6' cedar board on board, it was ~$19 linear foot.

$4 a linear foot to stain.

I paid for materials (he had the supply place call me and I paid over the phone) so really only got "charged" per se for labor.

$3.80/foot to stain
$8/foot to construct fence

Was a single man shop - easy guy to work with.

All in.. $2400 to build and stain. Other quotes came in at $4500 and $5200.

Let me know if you're interested.
jtraggie99
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

jtraggie99 said:

just had a guy come replace 70' of fence for me. Kept the existing posts (galvanized in concrete). For haul off, 6' cedar board on board, it was ~$19 linear foot.

$4 a linear foot to stain.

I paid for materials (he had the supply place call me and I paid over the phone) so really only got "charged" per se for labor.

$3.80/foot to stain
$8/foot to construct fence

Was a single man shop - easy guy to work with.

All in.. $2400 to build and stain. Other quotes came in at $4500 and $5200.

Let me know if you're interested.

What's his name and number? Does he have an actual business name I can look up for reference? Website or FB page or anything? Thanks!
jtraggie99
AG
752bro4 said:

Mine ended up being $61/linear foot all-in, including 8' board on board capped, trimmed, stained, 3 pedestrian gates, new poles, demo/haul off, and pool rails. Plus we had them do an alleyway gate and a 350 ft cedar arbor with cover.

We used Proworx out of McKinney.

Thanks man.
jtraggie99
AG
Ninja Trucker said:

JTR,

I build fence, shoot me an email.

exelservices12 at gmail

Will do man. Thanks!
ChoppinDs40
AG
Sammie Edwards. I think it's Edwards Fencing LLC or something.

Found him on angies list. +1 eight one seven 896-172four
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lots of good recs .

I want something different like a contemorary fence - any suggestions appreciated .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.