Metroplex
Sponsored by

Week long dog boarding options? -Dallas or near DFW Area

3,220 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OldAg93
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm needing to board my dog for a week a couple times in the next 6 months. Curious to what places you all have liked in the past?

For awhile we used a dog sitter that would keep the dog at her house, but she's come back with fleas twice so we have to start looking for a new place.

Red Rover
AG
We use East Lake Vet. They are really great, however I am interest in seeing if people have used some other ones that might be a bit cheaper but still good.
FincAg
AG
Lovers Lane Animal Medical Center. Our golden loves them there.
Post removed:
by user
aggielostinETX
AG
Red Rover said:

We use East Lake Vet. They are really great, however I am interest in seeing if people have used some other ones that might be a bit cheaper but still good.
wow... they are pricey.
We need to board our dog from Fri-Saturday and they want to 2 days worth of fees(which are steep already)!
'03ag
Dogs Unleashed in Keller if you can make it that far. Excellent place and good prices.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We use Rover.com and love it
East Dallas Ag
AG
We use Rover as well and have had a good experience. Also use a lady in Carrollton who keeps them at her house and is really affordable, its just not super convenient for us. I can pass along her info if you like.
Matsui
AG
Camp Bow Wow
AggieMavsfan
AG
I've been generally pleased with Dee's Doggie Den on Mockingbird. It's at least cheaper and better than petsmart in my experience.
I Rule
AG
you may want to consider a pet sitter. You get charged per trip and you get the benefit of having activity at the house while you are away
drewser95
AG
This one is in Deep Ellum so it's not convenient for most, but I like it because it's on the way from my house in East Dallas to get on I-45 when I'm heading to College Station. My dogs seem to like it and the rates are reasonable. I think they give a slight discount for stays of 7+ days -- my dogs stayed there for 10+ days in January.
http://urbanpawsdallas.com/

I went to this place near Lake Highlands a lot in the 2000s and loved it, but their hours are somewhat limited for pick-up & drop-off so I haven't been in several years.
Happy Tails
ww
AG
We use Pappy's Pet Lodge in Roanoke, but they have multiple locations: www.pappyspetlodge.com

We boarded our Basset during the work-week for 5 weeks while we were moving to DFW. They were pretty good and good prices. We continue to use them for occasional boarding.
Garrelli 5000
AG
We use Bark Hotel for Dogs 3 times a week for day-care and every time we go out of town. The dogs love it and would drive the car there if I gave them the keys.

it's in Mckinney at 75/121.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Benny's in Carrollton.

http://www.bennysdogresort.com/

Love the place. Hole in the wall kinda in a warehouse area, but the dogs love it. It's a doggie day care also but you can board there too.

Great people that care for the dogs a lot. My dog always came back happy but exhausted - lol. They play a lot in the yard.
supermanrv
AG
We like Fort Knox Pet Resort in Royse City because it's cage less boarding , and somewhat in the country. I know it's kind of a pain to get out there, but it makes us feel better that they aren't inside a lot and can roam a house.

http://petsecondhome.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fort-knox-pet-resort-royse-city

5 Stars on Yelp
Swede
AG
Camp Bow Wow and Dee's Doggy Den are both good, but board often enough and eventually you'll get kennel cough, fleas, or other issues. We've used Rover as well and now have a couple of regular sitters who will stay at our house with the dogs for very reasonable prices.
culdeus
AG
When you say stay at your house, what's the arrangement there? I mean they sleep in your bed or just sort of cruise thru a few times a day?

I mean I liked the situation we had (before the fleas) where we would drop the dog at a house with a yard. This makes me sure that she's not gonna be in a crate for a week.
jimscott85
AG
We've used Camp Bow Wow several times. Multiple kennel/room options. You can watch them on cameras depending on what you get. And the pick-up/drop-off was a breeze.
Swede
AG
I have had two who stayed at the house in our guest room and one who stopped in several times a day. All were good. I tend to prefer having someone stay since we have 3-4 dogs at times, but you have options. Here's a link that gets you $20 off. Full disclosure, I get $20 too.
http://refer.rover.com/v2/share/6403874802049303558
texrover91
AG
Tailwaggers in Van Alstyne - they'll pick up and drop off and great facility
culdeus
AG
Bumping again, now looking at a need for 2 consecutive weeks. Any new rover links? I contacted a few but never worked out an arrangement I liked, and instead found a neighborhood kid to take the dog here and there since. 2 weeks is probably too much for the boy.
The Pilot
AG
We've also used Rover and have had great experiences. I think you've already used Swede's code but if not here is mine: Rover referral link

We have three sitters we've used. Pictures/names below:

Benjamin and Gabriella both work from home and were great with our 8-month-old pup. We used Mary for a weekend trip and she was also good.
OldAg93
AG
I've used Dee's for the last 10 years but am looking at other options. They've steadily gone downhill for the last year or two, and each time I go in there the smell of urine gets a little stronger.

I've used JD Kennels in Royse City in the past. A bit of a whip to get out there, but they offer a pick up and drop off service M-F for $20 each way. It's a great setup if you have large and active dogs. My dogs loved it out there and seemed to be very well cared for. A good option for longer trips...maybe not as convenient if you're just gone for a couple of days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.