Metroplex
Sponsored by

Moving/Storage Options in DFW

1,034 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hachieaggie10
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving from Carrollton to Plano and we have a week overlap from when we have to be out of our house until we can move into the new house. We have a storage unit for all non essential stuff. Ive been looking into PODS but we have been getting a ton of crap in the mail from moving companies that offer free storage for 30 days.

Moving in June.

Any advice or recs?

Thanks
752bro4
AG
AB Moving is generally the go-to on this board, as I have used them now on three separate occasions. However, on my last one (earlier this month), a firearm was stolen from my house during the move (DPD police report filed as well).

AB sent an operations manager to my house the next day to apologize and he admitted they were in the wrong and that the movers violated protocols by touching anything firearm related. (moved an "empty" holster with two loaded/spare magazines attached and told me where they placed it, gun miraculously wasn't not inside, despite having been there days before, with only me and my wife having access to it). The operations manager also admitted that he did not know the names of the "employees", only the crew leaders, and that helpers were nothing more than day laborers, though they sometimes have consistent ones.

Now they are balking at paying an insurance claim, saying I signed off on the paperwork at the end saying the truck was empty/all items were there. We'll see where it goes, but right now, AB is a big thumbs down from me.

All that being said, a) movers are worth every penny, but b) I will now be using movers such as the firemen groups or ones that I feel like I could trust, instead of allowing people into my house that were picked up off the street hours before.
LHIOB
AG
Great info

Thank you!

There are few better ways to spend your money than on movers.
permabull
AG
JBLHAG03
AG
I dont know if he offers storage but Im using www.atozmovers.com next week for the 4th time since 2005. Owner, Barry, drives the truck, is there the whole time, and knows the movers (his son helped twice). You can call and ask if he has any storage recommendations.
LHIOB
AG
I just sent them a request

Thanks!
Hachieaggie10
AG
I've used Absolute Integrity Movers 3 times now. The owner is the nephew of my real estate agent and he also does the moves. Great guys and are quick and careful with all of the items. I am in the same boat as I closed and moved out of the old house at the begining of the month and dont move into my new house until the 29th. I ended up just getting a storage unit with extra space storage. They had a first month free offer and no minimum months. I did have to pay a 27 admin fee and then I elected for the insurance since my entire house was in it but for 60.00 for a month figured it was a steal.

Anyways I highly recommend AIM. JT is a great guy. They are very quick and thorough.

http://aim-movers.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.