Metroplex
Sponsored by

Plumber Recommendations

1,522 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by permabull
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to replace our water heater and I have one quote but I'd like to get a few more.

Does anyone have a good plumber?

Im in Carrollton.
jmh3209
AG
Call Meyagies Services. Tell them Justin from Gemaire sent you.
gvine07
AG
My wife and I are located in Carrollton and have been using Sirius Plumbing and Air Conditioning Services (http://siriuspac.com/ ) for the last couple years and we're happy with them, but I don't know how competitive they are for new water heaters

We started using them because they were an approved contractor for American Home Shield and someone on TexAgs recommended them
planoaggie123
AG
Highly recommend Pelayo Plumbing. Fairly certain he would make it over that direction. We have used him for all our plumbing issues and he and his team are great. He posts on TexAgs too....his number is 214-315-7672
wbt5845
AG
I had my hot water heater go out on Christmas Eve and couldn't get any plumbers to come out same day.

I was forced to go to Home Depot and do it myself. It was much easier to install than I suspected. I paid $520 for a 55 gallon heater and did the job in about an hour.

That's an easy enough job you ought to consider doing it yourself.
LHIOB
AG
wbt5845 said:

I had my hot water heater go out on Christmas Eve and couldn't get any plumbers to come out same day.

I was forced to go to Home Depot and do it myself. It was much easier to install than I suspected. I paid $520 for a 55 gallon heater and did the job in about an hour.

The one that needs to be removed was installed in 2001 so its all way out of code. Plus you need a permit from the city to do any work on a water heater. Its also hard piped in.
Copp
We never pull permits to install water heaters. Sure we install them up to code, but the fact the city says you need a permit to replace a water heater is laughable. Every plumber we work with will install one without the permit. It will also save you money
LHIOB
AG
Copp said:

We never pull permits to install water heaters. Sure we install them up to code, but the fact the city says you need a permit to replace a water heater is laughable. Every plumber we work with will install one without the permit. It will also save you money

Contact info?
wbt5845
AG
LHIOB said:

wbt5845 said:

The one that needs to be removed was installed in 2001 so its all way out of code. Plus you need a permit from the city to do any work on a water heater. Its also hard piped in.
Oh, if it's hard plumbed in you're gonna have a much harder time. Mine was 2007 original build and has flex water lines in and out with union fittings. And flex natural gas.

Oh just looked and lo and behold Arlington required a permit too. Oh well.....
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Dallas Plumbing is pretty good. Family owned and straight forward with pricing and such. They are in Garland / Richardson area and have been around forever.
AgBQ-00
AG
NCT in Keller. They do very good work
permabull
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.