Metroplex
Sponsored by

Passport photos, renewals, and adding two children

1,179 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Alan Pavio
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best places in DFW...go!
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Make an appointment if time isn't an urgency.

I have a business trip coming up and the nearest appointment in my city (Rockwall) was about 3 weeks out. The Collin County office in Plano does walk ins but it took me about 1-1.5 hours to get in and out mid-day on a Tuesday.

I'd go online and see where in your city does it and make an appointment. Will be much easier.
Alan Pavio
AG
Go straight to the office at the federal courthouse in downtown Dallas. Had to have my passport renewed in September so I could send it off for an Indian visa that I needed back in 3 weeks, and they turned it around in a day.
MGS
I was in and out of the Allen post office in about 30 mins when I did it three years ago.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Alan Pavio said:

Go straight to the office at the federal courthouse in downtown Dallas. Had to have my passport renewed in September so I could send it off for an Indian visa that I needed back in 3 weeks, and they turned it around in a day.

Per their website, the downtown office claims to only take appointments when you're within 2 weeks for a trip or 4 weeks of a trip that involves a VISA. I have a co-worker who was able to get in just fine for the same trip I'm going on (and at the time we were about 2 months out) but he did have to show an itenerary of some sort, so it's seems clear it isn't super rigid.

I'd call before just showing up - not sure how strict they are on that.

But again, with kids and everything else, if you have the time to make an appointment, I'd go that route. Any place you walk in will AT BEST be the same as an appointment, but has high potential for involving a wait of some sort. When I was waiting there was a crying baby and a 2 year old screaming and kicking his moms chair (he was on his back underneath it). Don't be that family
Raptor
AG
Thanks for all the input. After visiting a Dallas County passport office for about five minutes (the line was ridiculous). My wife and two sons came up with plan B. We were visiting her family in Edmond and stopped by a post office there. Waited all of 45 minutes and got everything done.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I've gone 3 times to the S. Dallas passport office and never had a wait at all - ever.

Maybe I was lucky. Different times and days too..

the one on

3443 St Francis Ave, Dallas, TX 75228

Aggiewes
AG
My wife just got her passport (previous passport expired too long so she couldn't renew - don't let this happen...) Every post office was full at 3 different post offices. Finally went to Fort Worth Library (downtown). Much better luck. They told us since Trump went into office the non-existent lines became ridiculous... Go figure.
Alan Pavio
AG
Yeah, they wouldn't even let me schedule an appointment (not just the date, literally the act of scheduling) until I was a certain time frame from the date of departure. Made me nervous, but ended up being a seamless, pain free transaction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.