Metroplex
Sponsored by

Time To Lay Sod

2,894 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag CPA
turfaggie24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone in the area is looking to revamp their yard and needs sod laid feel free to pm me or email me at t h e s o d f a t h e r s t x @ y a h o o . c o m With record high temps for February this is the best time to lay sod and not be on a wait list for grass. My team and I have a 4 year degree in Turf and over 25 years of private golf course maintenance.
aggielostinETX
AG
You're right... just did two pallets yesterday with the help of two teenagers.
Yesterday
AG
When's the best time to weed and feed st Augustine? I'm getting lots of weeds popping up due to the warm weather but I usually don't fertilize until late March.
turfaggie24
AG
I would defer to the label of whatever product you're using. We are for sure entering early spring.
catfan
How much?
riverrataggie
AG
Just jinxed a march freeze.
turfaggie24
AG
It typically freezes in early spring, still ok to lay sod.
turfaggie24
AG
What do you need done and where?
wbt5845
AG
You should not use weed and feed on St Augustine. Your preemergent should go out the next week to 10 days. Fertilizer isn't needed until April.

Preemergent will only stop grassy weeds from germinating. Use a broadleaf weeds killer for other weeds.
Yesterday
AG
wbt5845 said:

You should not use weed and feed on St Augustine. Your preemergent should go out the next week to 10 days. Fertilizer isn't needed until April.

Preemergent will only stop grassy weeds from germinating. Use a broadleaf weeds killer for other weeds.

Thanks!
L8HIT
AG
Sent you an email, Turf.

Thanks.
The Collective
AG
tur***gie24 said:

It typically freezes in early spring, still ok to lay sod.

No doubt. I put sod down at my place 7-8 years ago on a Thursday/Friday during the spring break timeframe... and then it promptly froze & snowed on Saturday. I thought that I was hosed. Lawn survived and is still thriving to this day.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

How much?

I need to lay a few pallets this year. I get a pallet for $200 from A1 Grass in Plano and $50 for a yard of soil from Living Earth. I can pick up day labor for $100 to lay the pallet.
aggielostinETX
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

How much?

I need to lay a few pallets this year. I get a pallet for $200 from A1 Grass in Plano and $50 for a yard of soil from Living Earth. I can pick up day labor for $100 to lay the pallet.
Your labor may be high. I paid 20/hr to two guys(high school kids) and it took 45 minutes to lay a 68-yard pallet.
turfaggie24
AG
Bump
ChoppinDs40
AG
Know any inexpensive but reliable irrigation guys?

I've got a slight leak in a pressurized line and need a few heads replaced and/or moved.
Wheatables02
AG
tur***gie24 said:

Bump
send a follow up email
LoveAussie
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

How much?

Did you pick it up by yourself or you have the sold & soil delivered? Seriously thinking of buying a pick-up truck now coz I went to Lowes 10 times last weekend just to buy 2 cu yard of top soil...
LoveAussie
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Know any inexpensive but reliable irrigation guys?

I've got a slight leak in a pressurized line and need a few heads replaced and/or moved.

Bo (Got his name wrong at first): 972-948-0906, he's Vietnamese and his English is quite poor, but his work is good and affordable. He only works in the north suburbs so I never used him.

If you live in west DFW area, try Scott Dye: 817-229-4263, I used his service before and he's very good. You'd better check if your city offers any rebate for sprinkler repair.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I'm in Plano.

If you never used him, how do you know he's good and affordable?
LoveAussie
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

I'm in Plano.

If you never used him, how do you know he's good and affordable?

Many of my friends in Plano used him and recommended him to me, that's why I decided to give him a call at first, but he told me he didn't serve my area...
ChoppinDs40
AG
sounds good
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
How much?
PlanoAg98 said:

Did you pick it up by yourself or you have the sold & soil delivered? Seriously thinking of buying a pick-up truck now coz I went to Lowes 10 times last weekend just to buy 2 cu yard of top soil...

I picked it up myself. You can rent a truck from Home Depot or Lowes for pretty cheap.
Ag CPA
AG
Time to lay sod pipe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.