Metroplex
Sponsored by

Affordable Golf Lessons in North Dallas/Garland/Richardson/Plano

1,663 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aznaggiegirl07
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions on a good instructor that won't charge an arm and a leg (looking to keep it under $100/hour)?

Edit - To say I'm not a beginner (but far from good)...probably a 20 handicapper looking to sharpen his game up a bit.
aggielostinETX
AG
Sounds silly, but my buddy has had good luck with 30 minute private lessons from Top Golf.
752bro4
AG
I don't have any experience (yet), but I'm looking at the same and have reached out to Sherrill Park Golf Course in Richardson. Looks like $90/hour.

http://www.sherrillparkgolf.com/teachingpros.html
I Rule
AG
In a month or so, courses will start having clinics. Clinics are a good way to get basic instruction relatively cheap, and if you like the instructor to get private lessons later.. Golf instruction varies greatly on your style of learning and the way the pro teaches.
Quinn
AG
The Golf board is pretty active and should get you a good suggestion.
plarmigan
AG
I have been doing this since June. For $90/mo, you can't beat it - especially during the winter month's when 4 of my last 6 clinics have been private lessons since I was the only one that signed up for those days.

http://golfcenteratthehighlands.com/academy/

Lily09
AG
I bought my husband a golf lesson at Firewheel. He loved it and has done a few more. Don Kennedy was his instructor. He took video of my husbands swing and also corrected anything else. Don even offered to teach me. I politely declined. Haha. I'm terrible.

http://www.golffirewheel.com/lessons/

My husband also got a lot of help at the PGA Superstore. Tried a lot of different clubs and even got a free lesson.
catfan
I bought a six pack of lessons from the PGA Superstore. I think it's like $250. They video you and I definitely improved each time. Needed to follow up on the course though.
NTXAggie14
AG
My wife played golf at A&M and we are located in Richardson. Let me know I if you want to connect with her to set something up for lessons
FirefightAg
AG
I'd suggest that you ask whomever you end up with not just focus on your swing. Learn how to chip and putt. Someone at 20 handicap couod use a swing lesson or two but could better their score best around the green. So if you're looking at 3-5 lessons I'd spend atleast a whole hour at the green
aznaggiegirl07
AG
short game supppper important...like your approach and putting....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.