Metroplex
Sponsored by

Buying a used truck

1,456 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JaceAG12
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In dealer recommendations for the Dallas area
proc
AG
I used Auto Trader and had good luck.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Find what you want & haggle from there. AutoTrader & Cars.com are good resources.

Or go buy from Carmax.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd recommend starting with cars.com and autotrader (along with doing a little pricing research on Kelly BB and Edmunds). At a minimum, you get a good feel for what you should be paying for the type (and age/miles) of vehicle in your particular area. Dealers and private sellers both post on those sites, so you're basically killing 2 birds with one stone. I'd look at Carmax (start with on-line), and if you're feeling more bold in the internet age, you could also check Carvana. Another benefit of starting with these sites is you're typically able to get a free look at the car's carfax/autocheck report.

With so many people leasing these days, there tends to be a pretty significant number of 2-3 year old vehicles in that 30k mile range that just came off lease, and businesses dedicated to selling that type of vehicle. While these types of dealers will have their own sites, they also usually leverage cars.com and autotrader to market them.
SuzyQ06
Call Aaron Manley Smith with Motorphilia (he's on Facebook somewhere). We just used him to buy a used truck. He does all the hunting and legwork. I didn't haggle him (husband said it was a good deal) and the process was a breeze.

He has contacts across the state, with auctions, wholesalers, etc. Highly recommend him. Tell him Susan Smith (the attorney in Fort Worth) recommended him.
JaceAG12
Head over to the auto board and ask for 1ags he's got all sorts of contacts in the business and typically his email is easy to find can't remember it off the top of my head though
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.