Metroplex
Sponsored by

Son is Looking for a House Euless/Grapevine

1,521 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texas Ag Mom
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son & his wife are looking for their first house. Trying to keep it below $300K. He is stationed at Carswell in Fort Worth & she works in DT Dallas. Search is focused on Euless, Grapevine, North Arlington to make for an easier commute. No children yet. Looking for around 2000 sf. Lost out on a bid yesterday that they put in for over $10k asking price. Any leads? Thanks!
lawless89
300k for first house?? Must be nice!

Houses are selling like wildfire up here, so if they find one, they'll have to jump on it quick and more than likely offer full asking.
Texas Ag Mom
Well he would like to stay under 300k but that is part of the challenge. They are 2 successful Aggie grads that have been saving some money!
BMF 05
AG
I'd be happy to help them out. I've helped some good Ags buy in that area and price point. Having the right realtor can make all the difference.

Give me a call, email or text.

Blair Fanara
469-358-3503
blairfanara@ebby.com
powerbelly
AG
Live in ft worth and commute to dallas on the TRE
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
boboguitar
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

My son & his wife are looking for their first house. Trying to keep it below $300K. He is stationed at Carswell in Fort Worth & she works in DT Dallas. Search is focused on Euless, Grapevine, North Arlington to make for an easier commute. No children yet. Looking for around 2000 sf. Lost out on a bid yesterday that they put in for over $10k asking price. Any leads? Thanks!
For less than 300k, I'd say keep your search in north arlington/euless area and you'll find plenty of what you're looking.

You're not going to find any 2000+ sf houses in grapevine for under 300.
Corps_Ag12
AG
powerbelly51 said:

This. Commuting in either direction is a pain these days. If she's permanently in downtown Dallas but he's in Ft Worth & they like Ft Worth, then stay there and take advantage of the TRE. Her employer may even pay for the monthly train pass & parking pass.

I know the thought of train commuting is foreign to most these days (especially in Texas), but it's apparently normal in the NE side of the country. My brother lives in Connecticut & commutes to Manhattan via the train every day. And he says its packed both directions with people doing the same thing. I wish Ft Worth had a system similar to DART, connecting the outskirts to downtown.
LoveAussie
AG
I would still think under $300k in Grapevine is doable, however, 2000sqft one story house is hard to find and that would be the entry level price in Grapevine so always go fast. Your son probably need to go to see the house the first day and put an offer within 24 hours if a decent house come online. In Euless or Bedford he can avoid the bidding war.

My colleague bought a house last year, his price is $350k+ but he only looked at houses with 4 bedroom and 3000sqft+ so I think under $300k for a 2000sqft house is reasonable.
'03ag
I used to commute on the TRE. From downtown to Amon Carter/Centerport. I liked it just fine. Not at all like the DART or a bus. It's not faster, but it does save the stress of traffic.

Something like this is an ok area. not too far from a TRE station if needed.
Texas Ag Mom
'03Ag- Nice house that looks like a flipper got hold of it & they would probably be all over it except for it backs up to hwy 183!
metrag06
AG
This would be a good one to look at. Fairly close to where my wife and I live and we do the same drives (Downtown FW for me, Dallas for her). Her drive is obviously worse, but at least you have the option of dropping down to 30 if 183 is really backed up.
Texas Ag Mom
The DIL is out of town so I went w/my son today. We looked at 8 houses. This is going to be a brutal process!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.