Metroplex
Sponsored by

Value furniture in Dallas area?

2,241 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MW03
catfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like Weir's Outlet for good, traditional value furniture. I missed today's semi-annual sale but figure there are a lot of Ags with $$ that have found good value places. No Stacy's or Rooms 2 Go.
chick79
AG
Nebraska Furniture Mart.
permabull
AG
AG
Got my couch at weirs. It's watches Netflix just fine

I think the state of Nebraska is actually closer to Dallas than Nebraska furniture mart
Duncan Idaho
robertf03 said:

Got my couch at weirs. It's watches Netflix just fine

I think the state of Nebraska is actually closer to Dallas than Nebraska furniture mart

And it's probably smaller.
PTXaggie08
AG
But seriously, Nebraska furniture mart is a killer store. You can find anything in any price range, and all the stuff my wife has bought has actually held up.
752bro4
AG
PTXaggie08 said:

But seriously, Nebraska furniture mart is a killer store. You can find anything in any price range, and all the stuff my wife has bought has actually held up.
Agreed here. I bagged on NFM as much as anyone, but had to furnish a whole house recently. It's unreal how much you can get there. We spend the better part of a day there, but walked away happy with all purchases, and found some extremely helpful people while we were there.
TecRecAg
AG
NFM is the only answer when it comes to furniture.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Before I'd get anything at the big boxes, I'd check out some of the local Amish furniture retailers and see if you can find something there. They often run what's on the floor at around 20% off and the quality is MUCH better than what you'll find at the big retailers. We've got a TV stand/center in solid oak that we've had for 7 years. Heavy mother that looks brand new and will last for decades. I think we paid around $800; less than 1K for sure. King bed with 2 side tables in, I think, oak that were in the mid-2000s price wise. We had to order these.

I spent less, comparatively, than a buddy who bought similar items at NFM. They bought a little more but I still couldn't believe how much he spent.
dcbowers
AG
Nebraska Furniture Mart

"China Furniture Mart" would be just a little more accurate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
I like NFM, but there are a couple others depending on what you are looking for:

• Nadeau - Dallas in the design district has some pretty interesting imported wooden furniture. We've gone there several times for tables, bookshelves, bars and the like.
  • Model Home Furnishings in Frisco has more of a "Restoration Hardware" feel, but it's direct from manufacturer. Lot of catalog ordering there, but they have a small showroom as well. Everything we've received from there has been pretty well-made. No complaints, except for the slow delivery time (because they don't maintain a warehouse).
FC12
MW03
AG
FC12 said:

For anyone who does purchase furniture at one of the larger retailers or even Model Home Furnishings, I run a side furniture delivery business. I routinely pick-up furniture form these locations and bring them to you faster and cheaper than what they can offer. Send me an email firesafetycode gmail and I will send you my facebook page. I also pick-up and deliver anything you are your wife buys off the Facebook garage sale sights.

ETA: I'm located in Little Elm/Frisco area.

Good to know
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.