Howdy! My husband and I are both '00 grads working for a non-profit out of Dallas, Wonder Voyage Missions. He's on the board and leads adventure travel trips during the summer. I am the Legacy Director, which means I'm in charge of connecting givers to service projects around the globe.

Our first project of the year is coming up in March as we send a group of college students to Ecuador to build a home with a family of a cool ministry called The Working Boys' Center (WBC).

WBC was originally designed to give shoeshine boys life skills to help their family. Over the years the Center has started taking in the boy and his whole family, teaching them skilled labor, and the connecting them with a ministry or church who helps them build their own house. It's a very hands-on approach to tackling poverty.

A group of college students is giving up their Spring Break to go build one of the houses with one of the families. An entire house costs $7,500 to build from the ground up. We are collecting tax-deductible donations through the Wonder Voyage site. Unlike most charity groups, there is no overhead to Wonder Voyage Legacy so 100% of donations go straight to the project.

We also have an email signup so you can get updates on more projects as they come available. You can check out all the details. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

https://wondervoyage.com/legacy-project/working-boys-center/