Metroplex
Sponsored by

Has anyone ever shipped a dog in from out of state?

717 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dcbowers
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who did you go through? How expensive was it?
2aggiesmom
It really depends on the distance and if the flight is direct. My cousin had an Australian Shephard shipped from a breeder in the Czech Republic to Tampa Florida and the cost was $800.00

There are companies that handle all the details for you or you can check with the individual Airlines and they will give you a quote and the airline requirement for the shipping crate.
gigemaggies88
I flew to Nashville and picked up a pup with American... I used miles for myself paid $100 for the puppy and she was in a travel kennel under the seat.. if you want to go this route I can let you use the kennel, you can pm me and I'll give you more details.. the pup slept the whole time and think it would be less stressful than flying with the cargo
dcbowers
AG
In late December, I flew to Chicago then Green Bay to pick up a 10 lb puppy. Paid for the trip with American airmiles. Kept her in a soft-sided dog travel kennel (every airline has acceptable sizes) under the seat on the flight back.

Prior to transporting a dog, you have to get a certificate from a vet. And there is the $100 fee.

It was a full day, but it was worth it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.