Metroplex
Sponsored by

U2 coming in May

2,073 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by grego
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They are going to play The Joshua Tree in its entirety. These guys are a bucket list band for me, and this album is right in my high school wheel house. Definitely in.

Joshua Tree
The Collective
AG
Hope that they can finally find what they're looking for

*dad joke*
I Rule
AG
or decide if they can live with or without you

"dad" joke too
jtmoney03
AG
I'd like to know where the show will be, in case it takes place on a street with no name.
AG
Too bad it's at Jerry world, or I would will be peeling off those dollar bills, slapping them down.
I Rule
AG
no true U2 fan would Walk On merely because the concert is at Jerry World
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
I Rule
AG
SheriffBarclay said:

I Rule said:

no true U2 fan would Walk On merely because the concert is at Jerry World

Spoken like someone that's never seen a concert at Jerry world.

Unless you are directly center stage, on the floor and in the first 25 rows, you will not be able to understand a single lyric.

The acoustics are so atrocious for a concert, particularly in the 400s. You're throwing money away. I've seen U2 and muse there in the 400s and my buddy and I, huge fans of both bands, left early.
Walk on was capitalized for a reason...
Post removed:
by user
Ag CPA
AG
Why would they play the AAC after a show at Jerryworld, makes no sense.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
Ag CPA said:

Not sure why this would be but who can really know their mysterious ways.
AgLaw
AG
Look a-holes. Enough with the puns.

If you don't Desire to go to the show, I'm going With or Without You.
jtmoney03
AG
Look AgLaw...you don't come in here and tell us to stop our puns In God's Country! One more outburst like that, and you will be making an early Exit.
walton91
Quote:

They have played the AAC a few times before, so that show could be considered a sort of homecoming
mhayden
While I doubt they play DFW twice in one year, it will be worth paying attention to the ACL Lineup to see if they are headlining one of the nights/weekends (they are Bonnaroo).

If ACL manages to get them, then it may be because there's a plan for a smaller arena tour in the 4th quarter of 2017.

Most of it just depends on what they are contractually obligated to do -- from some of the rumors going around, this tour was more due to contractual obligation than anything else since they aren't actually done with their new album yet.
YouBet
AG
I will echo Sheriff. I've seen U2 and others at the AAC and it was awesome. Acoustics are great.

I've seen The Rolling Stones and others at Jerry World and it sucks. The rolling Stones last year will be the last concert I attend there. While we saw them in concert and it was neat to say we saw them we didn't actually hear them. It was an absolute garbled mess. That place sucks for concerts so just know you aren't going to hear anything unless you are right in front of them.
drmwvr
AG
I pulled the trigger and purchased AT&T tickets yesterday during the presale. I've been to every U2 concert starting with Zoo and will be taking two of my daughters along with my wife. Our seats are in a similar location to where my wife and I sat for 360 (which we saw in Houston). The sound quality for the 360 show was great so I hope we have the same experience at AT&T. Sounds like that may not be the case based on the feedback from some of you but oh well, there's only one way to find out!
DannyDuberstein
AG
As far as the concerts I've attended at AT&T, as long as I've been down close to field level in the 100's and 200's, the sound has always seemed fine to me. I've not attended any where I was up in the 400's (although my wife did once for lower 400's), but I've heard it's terrible up there. So my general rule is that if I want to see the concert bad enough that I'm willing to pay for 100's or 200's, then I pay. Otherwise, I pass.
Phat32
AG
Got tickets
walton91
There was an article by the music writer for the Star Telegram last year that talked about AT&T stajum. Basically said Jerry chose asthetics over acoustics building it. He jad options for different materials in the upper levels that would have helped but chose to stick with the concrete and steel so the sound just bounces around in the upper levels.
proc
AG
Got tickets. Going with my long time buddy, that I saw U2 with 30 years ago during the Joshua Tree tour. That was in the Fort Worth Convention Center, so I am optimistic that the sound will be better this time.
I Rule
AG

PatAg
AG
proc said:

Got tickets. Going with my long time buddy, that I saw U2 with 30 years ago during the Joshua Tree tour. That was in the Fort Worth Convention Center, so I am optimistic that the sound will be better this time.
Pretty sure the Convention Center has better acoustics than Jerryworld
walton91
proc said:

Were you at the Rattle and Hum show? Isn't that where he went on the rant during Sunday Bloody Sunday?
proc
AG
"Am I starting to bug you? I don't mean to bug you."
double aught
AG
Scored four floor seats at ten this morning.
I Rule
AG
I thought the floor was all General admission
double aught
AG
It is. "Seats" was probably a misnomer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Well I guess I'm not going....listed all 4 of my presale tickets on StubHub thinking I'd get enough return on one of the pairs to cover the other.

Both sets sold within 15 minutes for a ridiculous price - can't turn that down. Made over $800 on the 4 tix.

And I've seen U2 twice....don't feel the need to go again right now - especially at Jerry World.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I picked up 2 yesterday on more of a whim (and ended up getting much better seats than I thought I would) and am debating doing this. Conservative estimate would be netting $400+ profit on the pair. Like you, I've seen them before and am not exactly a superfan.
Phat32
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Well I guess I'm not going....listed all 4 of my presale tickets on StubHub thinking I'd get enough return on one of the pairs to cover the other.

Both sets sold within 15 minutes for a ridiculous price - can't turn that down. Made over $800 on the 4 tix.

And I've seen U2 twice....don't feel the need to go again right now - especially at Jerry World.

How can you sell them? Thought they were credit card entry only.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
rasher said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

How can you sell them? Thought they were credit card entry only.

No mine weren't....I think fan club presale were maybe. But this was just some presale with a code - printed tickets.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I bought mine through Ticketmaster yesterday and the "sell" button is available on my order, so from what I understand, I could resell them through ticketmaster's fan-to-fan market (and dictate price). The button is not supposed to be available if you can't resell them.

I'm assuming ticketmaster captures the latest credit card number if they were resold and requires that for entry.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.