Metroplex
Sponsored by

Jury Duty/Tarrant County: Parking Question

2,994 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GigEmAgs14
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The instructions state there's free parking at LaGrave Field. However, when you go online it shows LaGrave Field as permanently closed. So I'm wondering if the 'permanently closed' refers to the minor league baseball team and the parking service for Jury Duty is still in place. Any input is appreciated!
nai06
AG
The ballpark is closed but the lot should be open
ToddyHill
AG
Thank you....that's what I was thinking. I appreciate your reply.
BeardofZeus01
AG
There's a few pay lots around the courthouse for $5 a day IIRC. Much more convenient than parking at LaGrave and riding the bus IMO.
Matsui
AG
You park and ride the shuttle from the ballpark lots
ToddyHill
AG
Thanks cj....certainly another option.
wbt5845
AG
cjaetzold said:

There's a few pay lots around the courthouse for $5 a day IIRC. Much more convenient than parking at LaGrave and riding the bus IMO.
I've heard too many stories about cars getting broken into at LaGraves - the thieves know why people are parked out there.

I park in a $5 cash lot about 3 blocks west of the courthouse when I have jury duty.
Chewy
AG
If this guy says he's the valet then don't give him your keys. He's been on hard times ever since the Cats shut it down.

I hate saying it but he's probably the one breaking into the cars. I imagine he's living in the brush along the Trinity and breaking into cars for whatever he can find just to get by. It's a sad sad story for a cat that brought so many of us so much joy for a period.

But that's life.
agchino
AG
You can also take the TRE in for free with your summons if there is a stop near where you lieve, but you have to take a bus from the train station up to the courthouse(s), again for free. Or just make the 10 minute walk.
AG
Just park along Bluff street in front of the apartments. Should be plenty of spaces during work hours.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Park at LaGrave field parking lot and ride the bus for free with jury summons, as mentioned before. Did it recently and had no issues
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.