Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lake Highlands/Lakewood Preschools

1,452 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Spaceship
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are looking for recommendations for preschools for our daughter starting in Sept 2017. We would like to find something in Lake Highlands/Lakewood, would ideally like to find something 3 days per week during work hours, and important that it be stimulating and good for child development. Does anyone have good recommendations for preschools they like?

One we've looked at and like is St. James Episcopal on Audelia. Does anyone have experience with them, and any feedback you can share? Thanks!
riverrataggie
AG
We like EDDC. We live in Lakewood.

Our 2.5 Year old is doing well with it.

They offer three days if that's what is wanted.
drewser95
AG
A coworker recently switched his son to Lake Highlands Presbyterian, and they're pleased with it so far. They really liked EDDC but LHPC was more convenient (they're in Lochwood).
East Dallas Ag
AG
Our son goes to Scofield Christian, he loves it and we are happy with everything. Very reasonably priced as well. Starts back tomorrow, thank god!
Polish1979
AG
Our daughter did St. James for a year before starting at a pre-K school program. it was really convenient, could do less than the full week, she loved it, still mentions her teacher by name (is now 7), reasonably priced, and no issues after a horrible experience with a daycare and nanny prior to. Our neighbors also had 2 girls go through until elementary school and they still rave about it. Thus, I think you'll be good going there.
Deats99
AG
We sent our younger 2 to Highland Oaks Church of Christ Little Acorns program and love it. We like it so much we are commuting from east of Rockwall(20 miles) for our youngest to finish up there before kindergarten. We have been doing this for 18 months now.

My wife is actually in a long-term sub position there at this time because one of the infant teachers hurt her back. Many of the current teachers have their kids there and several former teachers send their kids there.

Probably the only down side is that it is a 4 day a week program.

Website
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
We did Ascension with our son and one year with our daughter, but switched our 4-year-old daughter to Scofield this year. Ascension was great for what it is, but we think Scofield is more geared towards learning and preparation for school.
Kjodie
My boys went to st. James. They loved it. We switched to Scofield and they loved it too, and it's quite a bit less expensive.
Ags03
AG
We do Christian Childhood Development Center (CCDC) at Lake Highlands United Methodist Church and have really like it.
Spaceship
AG
Thanks everyone! Very helpful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.