Metroplex
Sponsored by

Gus's Fried Chicken is now open in FTW

3,199 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GMM
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best fried chicken I've ever had. Original is in Memphis and they have an Austin location too.
The Pilot
AG
Tried it in Little Rock and wasn't impressed. I'll take babes
Know Your Enemy
AG
I've had Babe's plenty and I'll take Gus's any day of the week.
ftworthag02
AG
We had Gus's last week and it was good and the sides were pretty good (not that generous) but I think babes is better. Babes chicken pieces are larger than Gus
TexAgs1992
My office was Gus's first catered order last Wednesday and my goodness it was incredible. Best chicken in DFW by far.
khaos288
AG
Had babes a few times. Average chicken. Never understood the hype.
JBLHAG03
AG
Gus Fring??
DonaldFDraper
AG
I know where you work. Great company!
brandonh
AG
Based on this thread I went and checked Gus's out with some coworkers. It was great! Portions were not huge but neither were the prIces. It was just right for lunch.
PatAg
AG
I didn't know anyone thought Babes was special until today.
big ben
AG
Never understood the Babes following, it's meh!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Love babes.

My family loves the family style atmosphere for one. Like eating a meal at home. But everyone gets chicken the way they want it. Or catfish or chicken fried steak. But we mostly do chicken.

Each person in my family and grandparents too has a favorite of their side dishes. Biscuits and pies are good too. And you get tons of food.

We love to take visiting family there. Great family place. And we often get Babes to go when we are providing a family meal for a family in need. everyone loves something.
ftworthag02
AG
Our family loves babes. Been going to the Roanoke location since they opened in '93. Never had a issue w/ poor quality or poor service. Babes can handle large groups especially when we have family come in town for the holidays, Gus's not so much. We've been to Gus's once and it was very good. Both are very different. We will continue patronize both locations.
80sGeorge
AG
Need to try Gus's

Last time time to Babes it was good but over salted. Still pretty darn good tho.

Best I've had lately is Slow Bone on Irving Blvd. I know it's mainly a BBQ place but the fried chicken is outa this world.
Chewy
AG
Never been to Gus' but I'd wager the best fried chicken on Magnolia is at Paris Coffee Shop on Fridays.
ftworthag02
AG
I have to admit that our family has lived in the medical district area (Berkeley) for 36 years and been to Paris thousands of times but I've never had the fried chicken. Of course we usually go Thursdays for chicken & dumplings. I will have to try it.
pimplepopper
AG
We had this catered today in our office. I think it blows away Babe's. Perfect amount of spice. Sides were good too, especially the Mac and Cheese.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Chewy said:

Never been to Gus' but I'd wager the best fried chicken on Magnolia is at Paris Coffee Shop on Fridays.

It was closed down a few weeks ago on Friday, felt like my Friday was ruined. Hopefully I'll make it there this Friday!
Aries
Gone Heim bbq?? I want to try that place so bad.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Aries said:

No, not yet. Current Jobsite is in Arlington so I'm only in the office about 1-2 times a month.
Aries
You don't have to answer but I'm curious who you work for. Husband is in construction too.
boogieman
AG
Aries said:

It's great. Make sure you get the bacon burnt ends.
Aries
Good friends of mine own Funkytown Donuts & they do a BBQ donut every once in a while with Heim. They are supposed to be amazing.
GMM
Babe's chicken is good, but their sides leave much to be desired
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.