Metroplex
Sponsored by

F&R Bourbon

6,362 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by powerbelly
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had my first glass tonight. Enjoyed the 2nd sip more the 1st. Reasonably complex. Smokier than most. I'll have more thoughts after another glass or two.
proc
AG
Any updates on availability?
ww
AG
One of my neighbors found some at the Spec's in Westlake (170 & 377) on Saturday. He bought 2 bottles and noted that there were 11 more on the shelf at ~5pm. I didn't swing by that night, so it's probably all gone now, but a good sign and it may be easier to find now.
20ag07
Last week Kings gave me a "good luck finding that dude", but Spec's had it sitting in the glass case, Goody Goody had it in the back if you asked, and Costco had it sitting out in the front. That was last week, so they may have pushed a big shipment out, or it may be rolling out more regularly.
proc
AG
Had a day off, so tried Specs and Goody Goody off Hulen. Nothing.

I am already tired of the goose chase, and emailed F&R to tell them that. This limited release crap is bananas.
Absolute
AG
I agree. Have stopped making an effort to look for it or ask for it. When I finally see some on a shelf, I might pick one up. But no longer all that interested. Whereas I would definitely bought it had I seen it before now.
'03ag
proc said:

I am already tired of the goose chase, and emailed F&R to tell them that.
Live look at the people of F&R

aggielostinETX
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

You talking to me? Got it at Goody Goody about a week ago.
Just snagged two.
proc
AG
F and R kindly responded to my email, and told me to buy a bottle at the distillery. So I did.

One bottle per person, but I can only drink one at a time.
Wheatables02
AG
About 5 years old. Not very good IMO. Has a chance to get better with age when it hits 8-12 years. Not betting on it as Texas bourbon can't compare to the Kentucky region with climate, water, Etc

Paid $39.99 at specs and that's too much.
powerbelly
AG
Wheatables02 said:

About 5 years old. Not very good IMO. Has a chance to get better with age when it hits 8-12 years. Not betting on it as Texas bourbon can't compare to the Kentucky region with climate, water, Etc

Paid $39.99 at specs and that's too much.

About what I expected
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.